Community
Search
DVD & Home Theater Gear Discuss DVD and Home Theater Equipment.

best dvd player deal

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-00, 11:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I want to buy a Sony or Panasonic DVD player and was wondering what the best deal was right now.
Reading some other posts, I know you guys are the experts so I hope I can find a good deal. I know about the Panasonic on amazon for 129, is that the best deal currently?

Thanks
Old 12-24-00, 12:57 PM

I dont know which is the best price but I do know which player is the best in my view.

Sony DVP-S735. BRIILLIIAANNTT

Get some info on it!!!!

Whitty
Old 12-24-00, 01:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

quote:<HR>Originally posted by drodale:
I want to buy a Sony or Panasonic DVD player and was wondering what the best deal was right now.
Reading some other posts, I know you guys are the experts so I hope I can find a good deal. I know about the Panasonic on amazon for 129, is that the best deal currently?

Thanks
<HR>

Purchased this player for my step-son for Christmas.....I would snag this player for that price if you are still able to get it!!!
I actually purchased it through 800.com when they had a big promotion going on with MSN Passport....after rebate....$94.99!!!!

------------------
http://www.dvdtracker.com/~djones6746.asp

"You know Andy...I never thought it would come to this....Mayberry....Gateway to danger."

Barney Fife
Old 12-25-00, 03:31 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

quote:<HR>Originally posted by Whitty:
I dont know which is the best price but I do know which player is the best in my view.

Sony DVP-S735. BRIILLIIAANNTT

Get some info on it!!!!

Whitty
<HR>

If I remember correctly you are from the UK (if I am wrong in my assumption then I apologize in advance), in which case this is a European model. It is not sold in the US, although their probably is a US equivilant. If you look at drodale's post he is from Tennesee here in the US so that model will not do him any good unless he wants a player only to watch R2 PAL DVD's. FYI, it's best to check the posters info on the right side of their post to see if they mention there location. That usually helps with giving appropriate info.

------------------
MY SHORT BUT SLOWLY EXPANDING DVD LIST

MY GETTING LONGER BUT SLOWLY EXPANDING DVD LIST

"The earth does not belong to people; people belong to the earth. Everything that happens to the earth happens also to the sons and daughters of the earth." -Chief Seattle.

[This message has been edited by cloud (edited December 25, 2000).]