Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD & Home Theater Gear
Reload this Page >

DVD player not recognizing disk

Community
Search
DVD & Home Theater Gear Discuss DVD and Home Theater Equipment.

DVD player not recognizing disk

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-00, 12:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anybody have a problem with their player not recognizing discs. Just started after months of perfect play...when I insert disk it apparently doesn't load...player keeps showing :insert disc". Any ideas?
Old 11-27-00, 09:51 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Brand? Model?
Old 11-27-00, 11:42 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Is it one disc or any disc? I had problems with my decalogue set disc 1. A good cleaning was all it needed despite it being the first time I was playing it.
Old 11-27-00, 02:01 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I had this same problem with my Sony 530D player. I had to bring it in for repair. They replaced some IC's and the servo motor.

Mike
Old 11-27-00, 02:18 PM

quote:<HR>Originally posted by clpsenior:
Anybody have a problem with their player not recognizing discs. Just started after months of perfect play...when I insert disk it apparently doesn't load...player keeps showing :insert disc". Any ideas?<HR>

I guess it depends on what brand and model you have. I have the RCA5220P and have heard of people getting that error and then unplugging the player for an hour or so and it clears up. I think it has something to do with resetting the circuitry in the player.

------------------
Go Noles!
>>------>
Old 11-27-00, 08:33 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I had that happen to my Toshiba 3109 and it was in the shop for nearly three months. This was mostly the shops problem and in the end Toshiba gave me a 5109 to appease me. It worked. If you have to send it in take it to a good shop you know or mail it direct back to the company.
Old 11-27-00, 11:05 PM

DVD player is a Toshiba SD 5109....local shop cleaned to no avail...now they're waiting on a service manual hoping to find an answer...they won't fix until quoting cost for my ok...I'll as k about the unplugging solution.
Old 11-28-00, 10:59 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I will tell you about the unplugging thing. When my motherboard died and my 3109 would read nothing (not DVD, CD) I was told to unplug it for like 45 mins to an hour and then restart the thing. It did not work so they told me to take it to the shop. I was offered to mail it to them. I did not, big mistake, the shop could not get parts form the supplier and they kept my machine for like ever and Toshiba could do nothing about it. Finally they callled me and said they would give me a refurb 5109 for waiting so long and just take the defective 3109 back. So, if your shop is already having trouble, call Toshiba and send it to them. They have the ability to fasttrack stuff in their system if you bitch alot.