DVD & Home Theater Gear Discuss DVD and Home Theater Equipment.

Weird Cable Problem

Old 11-20-00, 09:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey, I have this bad problem whenever i watch cable tv on ANY tv in our house...It has been going on ever since we movied to this house (15 years + but I have never been able to fix it...What it is, is that there are 2 lines that just scroll up about 10" inbetween each other...so most of the time there are both lines on the TV. It is very bad. I wanted to know if anyone knows how to fix it. Some times it is better and sometimes it is worse(like darker lines or brighter lines or a few mini lines)...If there is something you recomend I buy could you plz post a link! Thanks A Lot!!!
Old 11-20-00, 09:59 PM

i work for the local cable co in nashville, TN. I work with the cable internet side of the company but I suggest that you call your local cable co and let them know. It should be a free service call unless you did something to cause the problem. If this is not an option (ie you have free cable), I suggest that you change the splitters with good 1 ghz splitters and check for breaks in the line. It could be an ingress problem.

Any questions.....email me at [email protected]
Old 11-21-00, 09:51 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Rather than start a new thread, I thought I'd add something that's popped up lately on my cable. When very bright (white) images appear on screen, the image gets distorted and sometimes a faint buzzing sound can be heard. The distortion usually affects the top of the picture, washing it out and bending it slightly. What's the problem? Do I need to attenuate the signal?
Old 11-22-00, 06:32 PM

DigIt, that sounds more like a tv issue than a cable issue but i could be wrong.
Old 11-22-00, 08:41 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

bakiller,

I would call the cable company. They should be able to fix it. It may need a filter or something.

Digit,
It sounds like the contrast/picture on your tv is too high. When the white blurs and bends it is called blooming and turning your contrast/picture setting down should help.

If this is not the problem it is probably the power supply in the TV
Old 11-22-00, 09:55 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Somewhere Hot Scoville Units: 9,999,999 Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Received 811 Likes on 316 Posts
How about this: My cable is picking up a freaking radio station on one channel. I've called the cable company on numerous occasions but they can't seem to figure what's wrong. I've tried everything including changing splitters. What would be causing this?