Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD & Home Theater Gear
Reload this Page >

Odd glitch in my player...

Community
Search
DVD & Home Theater Gear Discuss DVD and Home Theater Equipment.

Odd glitch in my player...

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-00, 01:22 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just fishing for opinions...

I have a Toshiba 6109 (combo receiver/DVD player) I was watching JP DTS and right about at the 4:27 mark, the screen froze (right when the guy says, 'Hammond hates inspections. They slow things down.') It stayed frozen for about 10 seconds, then advanced normally for about 5 seconds then froze again. There is no chapter change at that time frame, and the layer change is much further in the movie.

I ejected the DVD and tried again. It played normally all the way thru. I went over that scene 3 or 4 times. No problems, stutters, nothing.

What do you guys think? Just the moons of Jupiter all in alignment on the night of a full moon or does this indicate something with the player.

This is the first oddity I've ever had with the player (and I've had it for over 6 months), so I'm not overly concerned, but I was wondering if anybody had experienced anything like this. Thanks!
Old 11-09-00, 09:39 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've had similar experiences and chalk that up to dust, smudges, or gremlins. Usually stopping and starting again makes the problem disappear. An occassional glitch is to be expected, if not tolerated...