Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD & Home Theater Gear
Reload this Page >

DVD-player with mp3-support

Community
Search
DVD & Home Theater Gear Discuss DVD and Home Theater Equipment.

DVD-player with mp3-support

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-00, 08:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I want to buy a DVD-player with mp3-support, and I found a cheap Samsung 611. After I checked a couple of DVD-related sites I discovered that the Samsung is not a very good idea.
Now I've found some other brands. Their prices are almost the same as the Samsung, so what I want to know is if there are some known problems with any of these?

Monyka 8200
Mustek V300
Nintaus DVD-N9901

I would be thankful for any help.
Old 10-30-00, 12:36 PM

i believe you mean the samsung 711 has mp3 support, not the 611. anyway i wouldnt trust those other brands simply becuase i never heard of them. find some one elses opinions.
Old 10-30-00, 02:35 PM

You might also want to take a look at the brand APEX and see what they have to offer. I just purchased the 3 DVD changer for my parents because it has the karaoke option. To my suprise, it also plays MP3's and VCD's! You might remember APEX because their earlier models that sold at Circuit City had a "secret menu" that removed the regional endoding, and copyguards on DVD's. Just a thought...

------------------
DJ B SINISTER
Old 10-30-00, 04:00 PM
jm2
Cool New Member

I've been using an APEX for several months now without any problems. I know other's have had issues, but I've been using it extensively without any. Even movies like T2-UE and Matrix play without any problems.

The MP3 ability is a nice bonus. The interface takes a little getting used to, but throwing in a CDR of MP3s makes it more than worthwhile.

If you're worried about buying a no-name player, look into the optional service plan at places like Circuit City. Sure it bumps the price up to that of better known brands, but you'll have piece of mind and MP3 capability.

(Doh! Not sure if the APEX is such a bargain in Sweden)

[This message has been edited by jm2 (edited October 30, 2000).]