Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD & Home Theater Gear
Reload this Page >

Resetting Blu-ray Firmware

Community
Search
DVD & Home Theater Gear Discuss DVD and Home Theater Equipment.

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-12, 04:21 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm having a weird problem. A while back, I bought It's A Mad Mad Mad Mad World on blu-ray. One of the features, a behind the scene documentary wouldn't play. So, I updated the firmware. The feature now plays. But just now, I'm trying to watch Changeling on blu-ray. For the couple years that I've had the movie, it's played fine. But since I've updated the firmware on my player, a Magnavox nb500mg9, the movie freezes for a second at 47 minutes, and then skips 10/11 seconds ahead. Other than that, it seems to be playing just fine. I tried the movie on my computer and it plays fine. It also works on the blu-ray player in the other room.

Does anyone know if it's possible to reset the player to the previous firmware ? Or if you can download the original version of it and reinstall it ?
Old 01-08-13, 01:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 650 Likes on 450 Posts
Re: Resetting Blu-ray Firmware

Blu-ray players can't be "reset" back to the old firmware; the update process actually overwrites the original firmware. Typically, if you can find the older firmware, you can "update" the player back to it.

The site only has version 1.109, which I assume is the most recent:
http://www.funai-corp.com/support/Firmwares.aspx