Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD & Home Theater Gear
Reload this Page >

Pioneer VSX-29TX Vs Yamaha 2095

Community
Search
DVD & Home Theater Gear Discuss DVD and Home Theater Equipment.

Pioneer VSX-29TX Vs Yamaha 2095

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-00, 08:58 AM
Jag

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Does the pioneer have any advantages over the Yamaha. I always had good experiences with Yamaha. But I can get the pioneer which is THX certified for about $100 more than teh Yamaha. And my wife thinks the Pioneer looks much better

Does anyone have any preferences?
Old 10-24-00, 09:57 AM

I have a VSX07TX, if it helps the THX doesn't do very much. So I say forget the THX and make a decision based on the other features of the two receivers.
Old 10-24-00, 10:43 AM

I have the Yamaha 2095. The soundstage with the two extra front effects speakers sounded better than anything I'd heard up until the introduction of the EX/ES formats. What exactly are the prices you're quoted? Just wondering if you'd do better getting a new Denon or new Yamaha.
Old 10-24-00, 09:21 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I've got an Elite and the THX processing is crucial to me for both VHS and regular TV, yeah I still watch those. The amps are solid and musical. I'm a big Denon fan too though and that 5 channel stereo is nice, but you can get similar effects with most other receivers if you play with them. The Yamaha sounds very different than the Pioneer and Denon (these 2 have almost identical musical qualities), but I'd sure like to have those extra speaker connections that Yamaha gives. I guess I'd listen to them all and see which fits your bill best. They are all good, you know that. Which is best for you is really the question and we have no information to really give helpfull suggestions for. You will find a lot of brand loyalty out there though. Why not? everyone loves what they put their hard earned cash down on.