DVD & Home Theater Gear Discuss DVD and Home Theater Equipment.

Where to buy Infinity Speakers?

Old 10-10-00, 10:23 AM
KW

Hi, I am looking for to buy Infinity speakers online for good prices. But I couldn't find any online store for deep discount price. Does anyone know any website?
Thanks.
Old 10-10-00, 10:47 AM

you might try http://www.harmanaudiooutlet.com
Old 10-10-00, 11:17 AM

Depending on what you're looking for, Ubid often has Infinity and the marketplace at audioreview.com often has come great deals on used or older models (deltas, kappas, etc.)

Good luck!
Old 10-10-00, 11:26 AM
KW

I am looking for the big ones. I need build-in powered sub-woofer. Maybe one 10" or two
8". I have a Denon 3300 and 5 overture 1 now. I want to replace the center and two front. I checked ubid.com and audioreview.com. For the ubid, they only have RS8 now. For the audioreview, shipping is a big problem. Any suggestion for NHT?
Old 10-10-00, 12:46 PM

KW -

I'd highly recommend you watch the classifieds/marketplace at audioreview.com and audiogon.com. For "big" infinities, their newer stuff isn't that great and is never discounted very much. You can probably pick up a good set of speakers (Overture 2/3, Kappa 7+, Delta 40+, Crescendo) with built in sub (which you may not even need, depending on how large a speaker you get) for a great price. Most of the people who sell here have used/open box items and that are all very well taken care of. There's lots of NHT and others there too. I got a great system of Infinity (Crescendo 3007 used, 3006 new, Delta Center new) on ebay for less than $1,000, but I saw some of the same stuff at audioreview and audiogon.

Good Luck!
Old 10-10-00, 02:59 PM
ed

Hi Guys,
A word of caution. Harman International handles JBL, Infinity and Harmon\Kardon products. A few weeks ago you could find all of these of speaker lines at substantial discounts online. The good news was - purchase the speakers from a non-authorized online retailer and save some big bucks. And the bad news – when you purchase from a non-authorized retailer Harmon voids the factory warranty.

Of course, if you purchase through Harmon’s authorized dealers you have a good warranty, but you pay a lot more for your speakers. I priced the JBL studio series at several authorized and non-authorized web sites and discovered that I could save approximately $400 for a complete system at a non-authorized site. If you priced the same system at any of the factory authorized sites you will find that they ALL charge the same blotted amount. There is no price competition among the authorized sites.

About a week ago I contacted the non-authorized retailer I purchased my JBL system through to let them know how happy I was with my purchase. They indicated that I made my purchase just in time. Apparently, Harmon has been contacting all non-authorized retailers and requesting that they discontinue offering their products.

I don’t know if this has affected the Infinity line, but I wouldn’t be surprised if it has. If you’re shopping for a good price on your system I wouldn’t hesitate much longer – the competition seems to be evaporating and once that happens you may be at the mercy of the authorized dealers.

Authorized dealer link: http://www.hear-us.com/

Good luck with your purchase.

Ed
Old 10-10-00, 04:51 PM
Cool New Member

Crutchfield, www.crutchfield.com, has some great inventory on newer Infinity speakers.
Old 10-10-00, 06:51 PM
Cool New Member

I would also suggest Crutchfield. While they do not normally deep discount prices, their customer service is second to none, I mean it!! Happy surfing.

PS: By the way I bought an Infinity surround set (all but subwoofer) in May 1999, and I have been very pleased with sound on music and HT, as well in their overall quality. (The CC-3 center speaker is awesome.
Old 10-10-00, 08:29 PM
Premium Member

the cc-3 is discontinued! Great speaker

Old 10-10-00, 10:18 PM
Banned

www.respond.com

put in the item you want and retailers will contact you
Old 10-12-00, 02:58 PM

Listen to speedzon21, if you get Infinity's give the older models a look as they are of higher quality. Especially the Kappa line which were produced from like 90/91 until like 96/97, unfortunately they are very difficult to find. They employed an EMIT-R tweeter which is one of the sweetest sounded tweets you will ever hear. Definitely recommended!

wrath
Old 10-12-00, 06:18 PM
Premium Member

All but the last line of Kappas used the original Emit (not the Emit-R). Both are good, some say a little bright though.
Old 10-12-00, 07:07 PM
KW

Thanks to all the replies. I guess I need to find "good old" Infinity speakers.