Community
Search
DVD & Home Theater Gear Discuss DVD and Home Theater Equipment.

Yamaha 5760 2nd Zone

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-11, 12:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yamaha 5760 2nd Zone

I have a Yamaha 5760 with my A speakers in our family room and our b speakers setup on our patio (Zone 2). Currently, if I choose speaker A on the front panel, everything works in the family room as it should. When I choose speaker B, the front L/R switch off in the family room and the patio speakers come on. The center + others stay on in the family room.

What I would like to do is somehow have it setup so I can have the patio speakers play from the tuner (it would be nice to have the family room play something different, but this is not a total requirement).

I also need this to all work from the remote. I'm confused on how to get different audio (from the tuner) to the patio speakers while having a different source in the family room, all while using the remote.

Thanks for any help!
Old 02-05-11, 12:03 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Re: Yamaha 5760 2nd Zone

Usually B speakers are not Zone 2. B speakers are a 2nd set of speakers in Zone 1. (and generally not recommended to use this, don't know why they even put those in there) Zone 2 should be a different output. It looks like the Presence speaker terminals may double as your Zone 2.
Old 02-05-11, 04:08 PM

Originally Posted by Spiky
Usually B speakers are not Zone 2. B speakers are a 2nd set of speakers in Zone 1. (and generally not recommended to use this, don't know why they even put those in there) Zone 2 should be a different output. It looks like the Presence speaker terminals may double as your Zone 2.

Thanks. Do you know by chance how to configure it on the remote so they can come on or off ?
Old 02-05-11, 10:37 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Nope, I've never even seen that unit in person. Usually there are dedicated Zone 2 buttons on the remote, or on the machine itself.