DVD & Home Theater Gear Discuss DVD and Home Theater Equipment.

whats this weird buzz?

Old 09-06-00, 10:28 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

to hookup my toshica SD2200 dvd player <5.1ch, coaxial, etc> so i call crutchfield and they say all i need is one RCA plug and to use the coxial output on my dvd player to my coaxial inout on the receiver. so i do all of that and give it a while....everything sounded GREAT for like 4 min and then my speakers let out a LOUD crackle so it keep crackling until i turn off the receiver and start it again. sometimes it takes 1 minute to crackle, other times it takes like 5. it doesnt have any correlation with what is going on in the movie so i figure it might have been my dvd player so i hook up my cd player. even when listening to a cd it crackles sometimes! and there are 30 or so soundfields and whenever i put it on "large hall and small hall" and listen to cds it makes a high pitched buzz out of the speakers. is this receiver a faulty one? i've cleaned all my cables, etc...any ideas would be welcome before i send it back...thanks!

[This message has been edited by namrufmot (edited September 07, 2000).]
Old 09-07-00, 12:05 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

update! i let the cd player play while i ate dinner and when i came back and tried to watch a movie it sounded like it was coming from a tin can....could be cause by keeping it near other components?