DVD & Home Theater Gear Discuss DVD and Home Theater Equipment.

Mission and inverted tweeter

Old 09-03-00, 11:13 PM

Hey!
This is for anyone with Mission speakers out there! I was just wondering why the shelf/stand type speakers, the Mission 700's to be specific, have inverted tweeters that are at the bottom unlike all other shelf/stand type speakers?
The Dolby site recommends that the tweeters of the 3 fronts should be in alignment as close as possible.
I was wondering if I should flip my L and R speakers unpside on their stands to more closely align the 3 front tweeters. Would I be ruining some effect that Mission has purposely made with their unique tweeter placement?
Thanks!
Andy
Old 09-04-00, 02:21 AM

i use the mission 77 series. i keep mine the way they were designed and they sound great. haven't tried flipping them over though.
Old 09-04-00, 02:26 PM

Why don't you put your center channel on a dedicated stand in front of your TV set instead of placing it on the top of the TV?
This way, the tweeter alignment may not be perfect but it will be much closer and you can keep your 700s as the way they were designed.

I'm not sure that flipping them over is a good idea.
Old 09-04-00, 07:58 PM

my center has 3 tweeters