Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD & Home Theater Gear
Reload this Page >

no picture but sound ...help

Community
Search
DVD & Home Theater Gear Discuss DVD and Home Theater Equipment.

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-10, 06:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i have a samsung blu ray player,which i tried in another room the player and wires work fine...

but when i turn my reciever on to have the sound come threw the 2 big speakers i have sound but no picture i cant watch anymovies because i dont have a picture...this is weird.

i have hdmi cable from blu ray to tv,and red white video wires from blu ray to reciever for surround,there are no yellow holes for yellow wire???
Old 11-08-10, 06:44 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
Re: no picture but sound ...help

I suggest you take out your manual for the player, receiver and the tv.

You will not be able to connect a player in this manner as the hdmi connection likely over rides any others.

After reviewing the diagrams in those manuals you will see that they way to connect these together would be:

HDMI from player to receiver then if possible HDMI from receiver to tv. If this is not possible then connect the video out from the receiver to the tv in
Old 11-08-10, 06:57 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: no picture but sound ...help

there is not more room on the tv for wires...

my cable box has a bunch of wires going to my tv,should i buy 2 hdmi cables and get rid of the cables my cable company gave me for the hd box...the reciever does not have hdmi port,it was working fine just yersterday after i got a new reciever this happened,but i put the original reciever i had for 2 years back to my blu ray....thanks for the help