DVD & Home Theater Gear Discuss DVD and Home Theater Equipment.

DVD Rack

Old 06-18-00, 08:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Does anyone have any suggestions for a good and inexpensive DVD rack that holds around 200 dvds? I have them scattered on the floor right now, I find it quite unattractive. I'm looking for a rack that's light weight and durable. Does anyone have any suggestions? And where would I be able to find it? Thanks.
Old 06-18-00, 09:48 AM
ripthorne

www.boltz.com

------------------
-- I HATE dead people.
-- There's a reason why writers don't live very long. Yeah, people like you, 'cause you're the devil. Why don't you finally admit it? Say it! "I'm the devil!" Say it!

-- Aren't you one of those guys. What guys? Those guy guys, you know those guys with skills? Skills? Yeah, You send them out into the wilderness with a pocket knife & a Q-Tip & they build you a shopping mall, you can't do that? No, I can't do that.
My Cheesy DVD List..., my webpage isn't done yet
Old 06-18-00, 10:09 AM

Those look real nice, ripthorne, but I was looking for something a bit more inexpensive. Maybe something made out of plastic or something. Yea, I know, I'm a cheapskake.
Old 06-18-00, 01:45 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I picked up the following rack for my DVD's in snapper cases at Best Buy for around $25. They have a pretty good selection, I've bought most of my DVD storage units through them.

Snapper DVD rack

[b][i]

------------------
Now Playing
Old 06-18-00, 02:08 PM
ripthorne

search the word "mead" at amazon's electronics section and you will find 30 DVD capacity plastic holders.

One is good, but four look great when they are completely filled up.

I am currently thinking of upgrading to those Boltz ones but the price is still too high and I need one with an expansion kit soon.

------------------
-- I HATE dead people.
-- There's a reason why writers don't live very long. Yeah, people like you, 'cause you're the devil. Why don't you finally admit it? Say it! "I'm the devil!" Say it!

-- Aren't you one of those guys. What guys? Those guy guys, you know those guys with skills? Skills? Yeah, You send them out into the wilderness with a pocket knife & a Q-Tip & they build you a shopping mall, you can't do that? No, I can't do that.
Old 06-18-00, 03:19 PM

Hi Low RG, that rack of your's looks real nice. But it looks like it's better suited for a large collection. I'll probably look into that rack once I collect enough dvds. What's the wire holder next to the rack? It looks like it would be easy to move around. How many DVDs can you hold in that? You get that at Best Buy too?

Ripthorne, I checked out that Mead/Laserline DVD30ND Plastic DVD Organizer. It looks very economical. Do you know how it mounts to walls, screws? I will probably have to move my collection around, and I don't want to be putting holes all over the place.

Heh, thanks for all the help guys. When you think about it, it seems odd for me to spend so much time on such a frivolous matter like this. I could be using the time to be actually watching the DVDs . Oh well, I love this stuff.
Old 06-18-00, 03:29 PM
ripthorne

The Mead rack has holes in the back for you to put screws in or pins to hang your rack on.

I just stack mines on a table.
Old 06-18-00, 06:39 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Rewap,
That rack I pictured is supposed to hold 288 DVD's. If you have close to 200 you might want to check it out. That wire rack only holds about 40 DVD's and cost about $19 (at Best Buy).
Old 06-18-00, 07:54 PM
Uber Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Low RG,

Who makes your snapper rack? (There's no Best Buy in Hawaii.)

Thanks.

------------------
David, Moderator of the Other Forum
I laughed, I cried, my life was changed: The Other Forum
My DVDs and HT Email: [email protected]
Old 06-18-00, 07:58 PM
Uber Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
rewap,

I have 3 of these right now. They hold about 75 DVDs each and cost about $25. I purchased my last two from K Mart.

[This message has been edited by Blade (edited June 18, 2000).]
Old 06-18-00, 09:25 PM
Cool New Member

quote:<HR>Originally posted by Low RG:
[b]I picked up the following rack for my DVD's in snapper cases at Best Buy for around $25. They have a pretty good selection, I've bought most of my DVD storage units through them.<HR>

Low RG,

Who makes your Amaray rack? Where did you get it? Thanks.

------------------
InsaniT
My DVD Library

[This message has been edited by InsaniT (edited June 18, 2000).]

[This message has been edited by InsaniT (edited June 18, 2000).]
Old 06-18-00, 11:27 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Blade
The rack that holdsmy snapper DVD's is made by Fellowes, a design called Naturals, part #84131. If you can't find it in Hawaii, let me know if you want me to ship you one from here (Calif)? Not sure what shipping would cost?

InsaniT
My Amaray rack was purchased at Best Buy. Made by Atlantic. It's a double rack which should hold approx 360 DVD's. These racks are high quality with metal rods. The single rack sells for about $79 while the double sells for about $119.

[b][i]

------------------
Now Playing
Old 06-19-00, 12:45 AM
ripthorne

Hey Low RG --

I cant see you picture now, but I saw it before. Is this system about the same as yours :
http://www.mallsoft.com/buy/objects/5.jpg

This one is coming out soon at Boltz.

------------------
-- I HATE dead people.
Old 06-19-00, 12:51 AM

I think I decided on the Mead/Laserline DVD30ND Plastic DVD Organizer. It's cheap enough for me to upgrade to a higher quality rack later on. Is there a cheaper place that sells it besides amazon?
Old 06-19-00, 01:21 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Ripthorne
Sorry about that, I was moving pictures around in my directory and it changed the paths. Should be OK now. My Snapper Rack

That rack you have pictured looks nicer than mine. Looks like a larger base and probably thicker shelfs.

[b][i]

------------------
Now Playing

[This message has been edited by Low RG (edited June 18, 2000).]
Old 06-19-00, 02:07 PM
Cool New Member

quote:<HR>Originally posted by Low RG:
InsaniT
My Amaray rack was purchased at Best Buy. Made by Atlantic. It's a double rack which should hold approx 360 DVD's. These racks are high quality with metal rods. The single rack sells for about $79 while the double sells for about $119.<HR>

Time for a trip to Best Buy. Thanks! Do you know if the double rack can be assembled for one side and still be stable? I'd rather invest in the double and add the second side when I break the 180 DVD mark. Thanks again for all your help.

------------------
InsaniT
My DVD Library
Old 06-19-00, 10:23 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

InsaniT
This unit must be set up all at once. That would be cool if one side could be set up with the other side adding on later when the collection grows.
I'm actually thinking about ordering that monster rack from Boltz, I've run out of places to put DVD racks.

[b][i]

------------------
Now Playing
Old 06-20-00, 03:36 PM
Cool New Member

Low RG
I picked up the single rack from Best Buy last night... great stand. I've been looking for something like this for a while now. I need to get another one since they didn't have the double rack. It's okay since I'd rather have two independent racks because I don't really have a single space for something that wide. It's almost full with 100+ CDs and 70+ DVDs. I was considering the Boltz one, but it's a bit expensive and too shiny. My decor has more brushed aluminum (like the rails for the Atlantic rack). Thanks for all you help! I definately recommend this rack.

------------------
InsaniT
My DVD Library
Old 06-22-00, 11:10 AM

I got a very functional one for $29.95 at Best Buy. It holds about 150-200.....
Old 08-18-00, 08:06 PM

I just got my SPARTAK 238 MediaMaxx Swivel Media Storage Tower from Netmarket that holds over 400 DVD's. The unit assembles very much like BUSH or SAUDER products. It uses a plastic roller bearing assembly (Hmm I better check on the 5 year warranty) but other than that it is great. It has a light oak finish, and black. I like it because it only uses 19" of floor space in the corner. I have nicknamed it the "MONOLITH".

Their member price is $142.49. Minus any Netmarket cash you may have. BONUS BONUS BONUS, I recieved a special offer postcard from them in the mail the day after I assembled it. The card was for $10 off $50, $20 off a $100, or $30 off $150 purchase. If you did not get this offer maybe a call to them will send you one.

Need more space for your multimedia collection? The SPARTAK "MediaMaxx Swivel Multimedia Storage Tower" holds 800 CD's or 500 cassettes or 200 videotapes, or any combination of the above. Easy to assemble, this sleek storage area features easy-clean laminates, swivel base for 4-sided storage and 28 adjustable shelves so that you can customize it to suit your expanding collection. Colors available: Black or Oak/Black. Dimensions: 18 3/4" x 18 3/4" x 52". 5-Year Limited Warranty.

------------------
Old 08-19-00, 12:28 AM
Banned

When I first started buying dvd's I went to the local BB and picked up the wire 40 dvd holder. Nice looking and costs $20. I NEVER imagined I'd be working on filling my 3rd rack now. Actually, I haven't bought the 3rd yet. Wish I would of gotten one that holds 100 or so. My room is only 10' X 10', so you can imagine the space these babies take up

Anyhow, to make a long story short, plan ahead before you buy!!!!!!!!!!!! This is for anyone interested in buying a dvd rack.

Jonathan

------------------
Less than 5 bucks a disc, check out the list!