Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD & Home Theater Gear
Reload this Page >

Just did the anamorphic squeeze with my 27 inch Sony and...

Community
Search
DVD & Home Theater Gear Discuss DVD and Home Theater Equipment.

Just did the anamorphic squeeze with my 27 inch Sony and...

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-00, 12:15 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Damn! I must say it indeed does look a hell of a lot better. I know I may be going nuts but it almost rivals my buddy's computer monitor.
Old 08-05-00, 12:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Werd, great isn't it? I have a 20" Sony trinitron (non-wega) and it looks awesome.

One thing, did you have to go through the service menu (like me?) If so, do you see a small stripe of red,green,and blue running across the top of the letterbox?
Old 08-05-00, 01:30 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yeah I had to go through the service menu but its not that tedious. I too have the white line across the top but I just use SCRL and VPOS to move the picture to the top of the screen so the white line is not visable. Hey has anyone actually damaged their tv via burn in doing this trick yet?
Old 08-05-00, 05:05 AM
Cool New Member

How do you go to the service menu? Can I do this on my 27" non-wega trinitron?
Old 08-05-00, 05:34 AM

While the TV is off, press in this order:

Display
Volume +
Power On

Use 1 and 4 to scroll through the entries, and 3 and 6 to alter them. To switch on animorphic mode, press 1 several times until you reach "VUSN". It'll be set to zero, press 3 to set it to "1". When you want to switch it back, just set it to zero.

And SCRL and VPOS are found in the same way.

Lemme suggest this : write down all the number values of the things you change. Just to be safe, I wrote down every single setting. That's pretty extreme, but at least write down your original VPOS and SCRL if you change those. It'll save you time when you're trying to find the old value again.
Old 08-05-00, 05:44 AM

I should also add. To finalize your settings, press "Muting", then "Enter." Then, turn the TV off then on again to get rid of that pesky service menu.

If you feel you really goodfed, just turn the TV off w/o finalizing your settings.

Hope this helps you out, I wish I could see your face when you see how much better your animorphic titles look, free from nasty downconversion artifacts.
Old 08-05-00, 05:50 AM
Cool New Member

That really does look good. Only problem is I'd have to switch modes a lot, as I use my TV for more than just movies (plus with my DVD player I can only select the aspect ratio while a movie is not playing).

Regardless, thanks for the help, it's nice to see what my tv's capable of.