Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD & Home Theater Gear
Reload this Page >

Sub Problem:Advice needed

Community
Search
DVD & Home Theater Gear Discuss DVD and Home Theater Equipment.

Sub Problem:Advice needed

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-00, 01:45 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi,
I've got the Cambridge Soundworkd DTT2500 desktop theatre and I have an issue with the sub. It sounds ok but there is a small plastic part where it says "Cambridge Soundworks DTT2500" which rattles audibly when certain frequencies of bass pass through the sub. When I apply pressure on it(such as holding it down firmly with my fingers) the rattling goes away. Anyone have any suggestions on how to remedy this? I was thinking maybe buying some dynamat and putting it over just the little plastic piece that is rattling. Would this work? If someone has any better ideas please share them(other than "get a real subwoofer . Thanks

------------------
Dave http://www.dvdtracker.com/~dfbennett
Old 07-30-00, 01:30 PM

It sounds like there is a space between the logo and the sub. When the sub is hitting certain frequencies, the logo is vibrating against the sub.

You may want to try glue. Put some glue around the top edge and let it seep into the space between the logo and the sub (make sure it's not quick dry glue).

If that doesn't work, try prying the logo off completely. Glue it back with super glue.
Old 08-03-00, 11:53 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Ok i took a picture of the sub so you can see the problem region. it's the last picture on the page. http://homepage.mac.com/dfbennett/PhotoAlbum.html
I've got some foam on there now and put it flush against the wall.I can't remove it and reglue it so i tried the foam. It seems to work but it doesn't look too good. Would dynamat work as well? I know it would look better . Thanks for the suggestions. I

------------------
Dave http://www.dvdtracker.com/~dfbennett

[This message has been edited by dfbennett (edited August 03, 2000).]
Old 08-04-00, 04:05 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

It looks like with a minimum of effort you could unscrew the back plate and take a look at why it is rattleing. It may be held on by a few screws that may have come loose. You may also be able to tape it from the inside. You may want to try a piece of duct tape instead of Dynamat. It is cheaper and fixes everything.