Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD & Home Theater Gear
Reload this Page >

How to get DTS to work.

Community
Search
DVD & Home Theater Gear Discuss DVD and Home Theater Equipment.

How to get DTS to work.

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-00, 05:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have a Sony DVPS330 DVD player, a Sony STRDE935 receiver, and JBL SCS125a speakers. I'm trying to find out how to get the DTS stuff to work. I have everything wired for surround sound, but I'm not quite sure what else needs to be done to get this DTS to sound right. Does anybody have a similar setup that might be able to help me out?
Old 07-13-00, 05:57 PM

I didn't check the model you listed. ( I assume you've confirmed they support DTS. On my player (Pioneer DV-525) you have to turn on DTS support in the menus. Also, you didn't mention what DVD you were trying to get to play in DTS. Confirmed DTS DVD?
Old 07-13-00, 06:07 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 393 Likes on 281 Posts
I belieive we have the same player and Blade answerd this for me recently so hopefully I can help. With a DVD in the tray but stopped, hit the Setup button. It will bring you to a menu screen where you need to turn both DD and DTS audio ouputs on. If you hit the Setup button with a movie playing it brings you to a different screen that won't give you the options so even if your player detects DD/DTS it won't necisarily send it to the receiver. Good luck!
Old 07-13-00, 06:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I am also assuming that you have the system wired for DTS via your coax cable....
You have a coax out on the rear of your player which would be fed into the coax in on your receiver assuming that your receiver includes a DTS decoder!!!
Old 07-13-00, 09:38 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

djones is on the money as are the others, you need to check ALL of that. The 330 does pass DTS and it works great. (My setup uses amarantz receiver, so I cannot help with technical info on your setup)

You also need to make sure you select the DTS soundtrack after all of that from the DVD menus (can be right there, in the languages section or the audio section depending on dvd)