Community
Search
DVD & Home Theater Gear Discuss DVD and Home Theater Equipment.

The BIG question.

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-00, 01:02 PM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Reading an article in the Sunday Times supplement illustrated that England is finally catching on to the concepts of Bluetooth technology for wireless integration of home products.

Big question I know, but what do you guys envisage as 'the future' for home cinema and home audio in terms of the technology?

------------------
Win.
Old 07-12-00, 01:25 PM

Can't really see Bluetooth changing Home Cinema as we know it. Possibly make things a bit more wireless interconnect wise, but this isn't really the purpose of BTH, it is meant as a control mechanism. For home audio (such as multi-room) I think it could be a key development, finally making the whole house totally remote controlable, probably from a mobile phone or palm.

------------------
Click here for a great new forum on HIFI and Home Cinema.

Radiofreecash - paid radio, is about to launch, click here to read all about it.

Paid to surf news Wap Site
Old 07-13-00, 08:49 AM
Cool New Member

I agree, bluetooth was an example. What I'm trying to establish is whether everyone intents to go out and buy TiVo's and the like, whether people will wait and see what happens in the market before they buy, whether everyone envisions a central hard drive controlling all, or what ?

------------------
Win.