DVD & Home Theater Gear Discuss DVD and Home Theater Equipment.

Please help!

Old 06-29-00, 08:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is this package any good? http://sql.onecall.com/PID_9154.htm
The price is right, but I'm concerned about quality.
Old 06-29-00, 12:32 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Great Price...Great Product!!! I would purchase it if it had optical and coaxial outs on the rear so that I would be able to hook the dvd player itself up to my existing sound system....all of the technical info I have seen so far indicate no such outputs on this system. If this is true, I am not sure why they would have left these minor options off of this system. This system was reviewed in Home Theater Mag recently and received an outstanding review. If you are not interested in the ability to hook up to an existing system then this would be a very good purchase!!!
Old 06-29-00, 05:52 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

It is the same price as every where else. Also I believe I read here on DVDTalk that a couple of people bought this system and returned it because it was underpowered. I tested it my self and thought the same thing. I think it is great for a second system for a den/study/dormroom setup, but as a primary setup I don't think it is worth it unless you are on a tight budget.

------------------
MY SHORT BUT SLOWLY EXPANDING DVD LIST

"The earth does not belong to people; people belong to the earth. Everything that happens to the earth happens also to the sons and daughters of the earth." -Chief Seattle.
Old 06-29-00, 07:17 PM

I'm pretty sure it's the same price everywhere. It would be my first speaker system, and I'm a student so I don't have too much $. Basically, it would be used for my anime DVDs I watch on my 32 inch Sony tv.