Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD & Home Theater Gear
Reload this Page >

Around 600-700 for a TV...Which One?

Community
Search
DVD & Home Theater Gear Discuss DVD and Home Theater Equipment.

Around 600-700 for a TV...Which One?

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-00, 08:06 AM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Okay...I am off to college in a month and a half (I will be living in an apartment off campus) and I'm currently getting the old home theater set up. Anyway, I already have the Toshiba SD6109 w/the built in DD/DTS reciever and the Energy Take Five speakers...all I need to figure out now is TV. I was thinking either the Toshiba CZ32V61 or the CZ32V51 32inch models...but what are your guys' suggestions. Should I look at other brands besides Toshiba...like a Sony...and should I look for a lower end 36 instead of a higher end 32...thanx, and I'm sorry for the question, but I don't know who else to ask...Thanx again.

------------------
[email protected]
Old 06-26-00, 09:37 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Definitely do not go the cheaper route...buy a quality 32in TV...buying a cheaper 36in with your 600-700 dollars will make you wish you had not purchased it in the first place....It just depends on if you are a true videophile. If not, and picture does not mean as much as sound then sure go ahead and buy a lower quality 36in TV. I recently purchased a 32in Sony as an extra TV....if you are looking for component inputs then your best bet is the Toshiba...I believe all of their TVs now come with the feature!!! Good Luck!!! JVC is not bad either....they are about $100 cheaper then the Sony. Save yourself some money and if you do not need picture in picture.....buy a Sony or whatever brand you decide on without this feature. You pay about $100 more for this feature on a television!!
Old 06-26-00, 12:51 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

In your price range, go with the Toshibas.

It is hard with the models currently on the market to top the price/value of the Toshibas. Also Toshiba 32" and 36", and anyone who has TV repair experience will back me up, are probably the best constructed televisions on the market. The interior configurations, support/reinforcements , and materials qualities are superior to those of Panasonic, Sony, and especially JVC which will often lead to more years of worry free use.

------------------
A free Tibet - Keep Hope alive...
Old 06-26-00, 11:33 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I love my Toshiba set picture-wise, but one thing I will say (and maybe it's just my set) is that the audio-output does not put out of a signal and I don't receive much of any rear sound from my receiver unless I use my panasonic vcr as the tuner. Not much of a problem as I can still use the pip functions regardless, but it makes me sort of mad. Anyone else notice this with a Toshiba set? The picture is great anyways.