Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD & Home Theater Gear
Reload this Page >

S-VHS...I'm looking...

Community
Search
DVD & Home Theater Gear Discuss DVD and Home Theater Equipment.

S-VHS...I'm looking...

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-00, 12:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have a Sony VCR now. I admit, I don't use it except for my daughter's Disney movies. But, it's also going bye bye. It has yellow lines across the top of the videos and has trouble spitting out the tapes.

I'm trying to convert all my video components to S-Video. I have a DVD and a DSS that use S-Video and just recently I got my Play Station hooked up through S-Video. I have them all ran through an S-Video splitter that takes in 6 and can be controlled by remote. I love that.

So, since I am getting ready to buy a new VCR, I thought a S-VHS one would be cool. My wife prefers a Sony. I haven't seen a Sony on the market, albeit I haven't looked extremely hard.

Which do you have or recommend? Hopefully not too expensive (under $300, is that possible?). I've seen some JVC's, but really don't know too much about them.

Thanks ahead of time.
Old 06-07-00, 01:21 AM
Topgun94

JVC invented S-VHS (and VHS for that matter), but Sony makes them as well. You may have to go to a high end electronics store or check the web for a Sony SVHS. Most stores like Circuit City and Best Buy only sell the low end JVC SVHS. I have a JVC SVHS and it is an excellent VCR.

------------------
Aaron
"I'd give my right hand to be ambidextrous"
DVD
Laserdisc
Old 06-07-00, 05:56 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have only seen one Sony SVHS model and it sells for around $1000. The JVC models are very good - I have the entry level model - the HRS3600 - and it is great.

------------------
MY SHORT BUT SLOWLY EXPANDING DVD LIST

"The earth does not belong to people; people belong to the earth. Everything that happens to the earth happens also to the sons and daughters of the earth." -Chief Seattle.