Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD & Home Theater Gear
Reload this Page >

Problems with Harmony 890 Remote and Dish Network Box....Not Working at All. Help!

Community
Search
DVD & Home Theater Gear Discuss DVD and Home Theater Equipment.

Problems with Harmony 890 Remote and Dish Network Box....Not Working at All. Help!

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-09, 10:24 PM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a Harmony 890 remote that is set up and working perfectly with all of my components and activities, except it will not control my Dish box at all. Doesn't power on or off or any controls. I have used the trouble shooting portion of the Logitech software where you hold the original remote up and it says that my remote is using the best set of commands for the remote. I have it set that the Dish box is to be controlled using the 890 (not the RF ports) and the IR port is clear and at the front of the box. When I point at the box it doesn't do anything.

I don't know if this matters, but this is a dual-tuner box that controls my outside porch TV via an RF remote, and my main TV with the other IR remote. Thus I can watch two different things, or essentially like having two different boxes, one controlling each TV. This is driving me crazy because if I could get this to work my system would be working almost perfectly. If others have had these problems please let me know, or if you know what I may be doing wrong I will take any advice and answer any questions. Thank you very much.
Old 06-01-09, 11:58 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Problems with Harmony 890 Remote and Dish Network Box....Not Working at All. Hel

Are you sure the remote is in IR mode for the Dish receiver? My DirecTV remote is both RF and IR at the same time. RF for the sat and IR for everything else. (or IR for everything if you wish) I don't know specific details since I haven't had Dish in a decade, but I do know that Dish Network has had a melange of boxes with different capabilities. It depends on what box you have and what settings.

Here's an example of discussion:
http://forums.slickdeals.net/showthr...uid=0&t=881634