Community
Search
DVD & Home Theater Gear Discuss DVD and Home Theater Equipment.

Video selectors

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-00, 08:22 PM
Mod Emeritus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am looking for a video selector to use between my computer and TV. I saw this one at Radio Shack but it only has one output. It must have at least 3 inputs (preferably 4) and 2 outputs. I am looking at spending no more than $40.

------------------
DVD-ROM Forum Moderator -- (Member since 02/12/99)
> [email protected] < - > [email protected] <
>DVD-ROM Tips and Tricks< - >MyWebSite< - >MyList<
Old 04-10-00, 06:24 PM
Mod Emeritus

Just wanted to make a note that S-Video connectors are not important.

------------------
Old 04-11-00, 04:39 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Can't really help you my self. The one I use has six inputs but only one output. I have not seen any with more then one output.

------------------
MY SHORT BUT SLOWLY EXPANDING DVD LIST
Old 04-12-00, 02:37 PM
Mod Emeritus

^^^^UP^^^^
Old 04-12-00, 05:55 PM

Jason,
The video selector that you are looking at from Radio Shack was actually manufactured by a company named Terk. I personally own the Terk http://www.vstore.com/cgi-bin/pagege...3912&catID=216 and I have been very pleased with it. The selector allows for 4 inputs and also allows for S-Video switching which is why I needed it. I picked the Terk over Radio Shack because I would rather have the equipment come from the people who actually made it and I selected it over the Sony because the Terk offers all gold end connectors where the Sony only offered the standard silver. I purchased from MyFamily.com (Of all places to find such a product) because I used the $20 off $35 coupon that was in circulation toward the front of the year. Who knows, maybe they still offer that deal, if so you can pick the Terk up for $27.96 + S&H. Trust me, unless these things have dropped in price since February MyFamily.com (with the coupon) is the cheapest you will find the video selector. Again, if you get the Terk I think you will be pleased.
Old 04-12-00, 06:01 PM

By the way, if the gold end connectors and S-Video isn't a priority for you, myfamily.com also offer a Sony for less. http://www.vstore.com/cgi-bin/pagege...2320&catID=216

You will have to round up a coupon though.

Old 04-12-00, 09:58 PM
Mod Emeritus

Thanks for the suggestions but those don't fit my needs either. I need something that has two out puts (one for the VCR and one for video capture). I've had a hell of a time finding something that fits my requirements. I know that radio shack used to make one that did this.

------------------
Old 04-13-00, 02:22 AM
Cool New Member

I have an AV distributor..ONE input and FIVE outputs. I got it for something like $40.00 I have another one which is an AV selector. It has SIX inputs but only ONE output (monitor).. The last one I use frequently because I have only one TV which is my output and for my inputs, I have a LD player, DVD player, 2 VCRs, video 8, a bilingual tuner for News. I use the AV distributor (ex. video camera input) to make VHS copies and video 8 copy at the same time while watching it on my monitor.