Community
Search
DVD & Home Theater Gear Discuss DVD and Home Theater Equipment.

Pioneer DV-410V-K

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-08, 08:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pioneer DV-410V-K

Hi all, I have a question on how to setup a home theater:

I am planning to buy the Pioneer DV 410 VK DVD player, but the question is can I hook home theater speakers directly to the DVD player?

I checked out the player at Best Buy and there are only single Left and Right audio outputs from the DVD player?

How can I attach 5.1 Home theater speakers to the DVD player then??

Pls advise.

-D
Old 12-16-08, 10:55 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,303 Likes on 947 Posts
You can't attach speakers directly to the DVD player. You will need to attach the player to a receiver.

According to the specs, it has a coaxial digital output. As long as your receiver has a coaxial input you'll be good to go with 5.1 sound. Pretty much any receiver bought in the last few years should have coaxial.

The player also has HDMI which carries both audio and video signals. You'd need a receiver with HDMI to use that output.
Old 12-17-08, 01:09 AM

ah thanks !! that makes sense....

However, i did see home theater systems by Sony with 5.1 output at the back of the DVD player...which means the Sony has a receiver built in?

Can you suggest a reliable DVD 5.1 home theater system below 300$ with NTSC and PAL support, Divx and 1080p up conversion?

TIA

Last edited by KingDude; 12-17-08 at 01:12 AM.
Old 12-17-08, 09:05 AM
tpc

Originally Posted by KingDude

However, i did see home theater systems by Sony with 5.1 output at the back of the DVD player...which means the Sony has a receiver built in?

Can you suggest a reliable DVD 5.1 home theater system below 300$ with NTSC and PAL support, Divx and 1080p up conversion?

TIA

You're right on the Sony... many Home Theater in a Box setups have a DVD Player included that acts as the whole package (player, reciever, etc). They're not my taste, but they're good for those that like them. I prefer to have seperate devices for easier replacement and generally better quality. That said, there are some good HTiB packages available. I can't really suggest any below 300, but I do know that NewEgg is selling a high quality Onkyo set for 399 that has 7.1 speaker setup (though oddly, no HDMI processing, so no True 7.1) but the speakers will transfer if you upgrade the reciever later, and for now, it'll do nearly anything you could want from a 5.1 standpoint.

Good luck in your search.
Old 12-17-08, 07:05 PM

Originally Posted by tpc
You're right on the Sony... many Home Theater in a Box setups have a DVD Player included that acts as the whole package (player, reciever, etc). They're not my taste, but they're good for those that like them. I prefer to have seperate devices for easier replacement and generally better quality. That said, there are some good HTiB packages available. I can't really suggest any below 300, but I do know that NewEgg is selling a high quality Onkyo set for 399 that has 7.1 speaker setup (though oddly, no HDMI processing, so no True 7.1) but the speakers will transfer if you upgrade the reciever later, and for now, it'll do nearly anything you could want from a 5.1 standpoint.

hmm thanks for the reply. I came across Pioneer HTZ 171 DVD Home theater at world-import.com website. Are they reputed retailers?? any idea on the review of this particular HTZ 171 home theater?
Old 12-17-08, 07:15 PM

hmm thanks for the reply. I came across Pioneer HTZ 171 DVD Home theater at world-import.com website. Are they reputed retailers?? any idea on the review of this particular HTZ 171 home theater?
I've used World Import before with no problems. I ordered a PAL/NTSC converter with a multi-system VCR. I'll probably be using them again, in the future, to get a DVD recorder with a hard drive.

Also, remember that if you buy from them, you might not get the type of warranty on electronics that you'll get at a regular store like Best Buy or Circuit City. I do have the Pioneer DV-410V-K though. It's a really nice player, but I only have it hooked up to a regular CRT TV/stereo with composite cables.

Last edited by BigSue; 12-17-08 at 07:22 PM.
Old 12-17-08, 07:20 PM

Originally Posted by BigSue
I've used World Import before with no problems. I ordered a PAL/NTSC converter with a multi-system VCR. I'll probably be using them again, in the future, to get a DVD recorder with a hard drive.
ah thanks...glad to know they are a reputed retailer..
Old 02-09-09, 05:44 PM

Pioneer DV-410V-K usb input port

Would someone know if this usb port can support an external hard drive ? i.e., SimpleTech : Signature mini 250 MB power-up directly from the Usb port ( no external power source ) ...

Thanks,

Ron
Old 02-09-09, 06:51 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Re: Pioneer DV-410V-K

TIA
Originally Posted by tpc

are you sure those 5.1 outputs on the Sony aren't just analog outputs? if they are, this is not what you are talking about. it might be an all in one system BUT be very careful it is the right thing.

you have 2 options...

a receiver with HDMI that can accept audio over HDMI

or

a receiver without HDMI that you can connect with an optical or coaxial connection in order to receiver Dolby Digital or DTS.