Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD & Home Theater Gear
Reload this Page >

Are you Tired of falling Asleep and waking up to a annoying repeating talking on DVDs

Community
Search
DVD & Home Theater Gear Discuss DVD and Home Theater Equipment.

Are you Tired of falling Asleep and waking up to a annoying repeating talking on DVDs

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-08, 09:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Asleep and waking up to a annoying repeating talking or music on your DVD and cant find the remote to turn it off or just push play again so you don't have to listen to it, i find myself always in this situation because i am such a movie fan i always have to have a good movie to put me asleep =] or just for back round so it doesn't get to boring on my computer if i don't feel like listening to music soo heres where my idea came from i was looking at my ipod today and i thought thank god for replay mode so you can listen to the songs you picked on a play list so you can hear all you wonderful music you picked over and over i was just think that they should have an option where you can pick from that restarts the movie or like the ipod have a play list of movies that it can run threw as long as you have the DVDs of course tell me what you think just if you like it or hate it and think its useless its just an idea =D

thanks for taking the time and reading this in advance!
Old 04-28-08, 09:56 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
Old 04-28-08, 10:09 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

if we ask you about your idea (which makes no sense), are you going to have a crappy product to sell us?
Old 04-28-08, 10:37 AM

nope im not trying to sell anything just trying to get feed back on weather or not its a good idea or not because i would not mind having that on my dvd player right now im watching Madagascar for the 4th or 5th time and i had to get up and push play all though times because i can't find the remote and it would be a good use to me right now because im also playing EQ2 and sometimes a monsters sneaks up on me and i can't attack it when im pushing play =P

BY the way nice home theater Brian Shannon! =]
Old 04-28-08, 10:56 AM
DVD Talk God

i could be mistaken.. but Im pretty sure we have had dvd players with a 'repeat' function

was good for my son when he was really young
Old 04-28-08, 10:59 AM

please you must tell me where to buy one cuz im ganna go crazy if i wake up to another dumb intro to a DVD lol it messes with my dreams to lol
Old 04-28-08, 11:35 AM
DVD Talk God

pretty sure i was using an apex player back then, and they all had the repeat option
i just did a google search to try and remember which one, and it seems that most dvd players have the repeat option
which one do you have?
Old 04-28-08, 12:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by mangokush
nope im not trying to sell anything just trying to get feed back on weather or not its a good idea or not because i would not mind having that on my dvd player right now im watching Madagascar for the 4th or 5th time and i had to get up and push play all though times because i can't find the remote and it would be a good use to me right now because im also playing EQ2 and sometimes a monsters sneaks up on me and i can't attack it when im pushing play =P

BY the way nice home theater Brian Shannon! =]
Thank you for the compliment.

I am sorry but I still do not understand this sentence that you have written. I did not understand the first post either.
Old 04-28-08, 01:05 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 314 Likes on 215 Posts
not sure if it's what you're looking for, because i don't understand your incoherent run-on sentences, but i believe every DVD player in existence has an A->B repeat function.
Old 04-28-08, 01:24 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Some periods or commas would be nice.
Old 04-28-08, 01:54 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
does your tv have a sleep function? seriously who watches the same movie 4-5 times in a row?
Old 04-28-08, 06:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Matthew Ackerly
Some periods or commas would be nice.
Agreed.

OP, there are some keys just to the right of the M on your keyboard. Please familiarize yourself with them.
Old 04-29-08, 08:40 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Alright, punctuation is bad, but you don't have to make the guy seemed totally incomprehensible.

He likes watching the same movies over and over. He would like to have them repeat when he is sleeping or playing a monster video game without him getting up to hit play. He isn't familiar with this function on any DVD players. He wants to know if you think such a feature would be a good idea.
Old 04-29-08, 08:52 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by cgray
Alright, punctuation is bad, but you don't have to make the guy seemed totally incomprehensible.

He likes watching the same movies over and over. He would like to have them repeat when he is sleeping or playing a monster video game without him getting up to hit play. He isn't familiar with this function on any DVD players. He wants to know if you think such a feature would be a good idea.
I am not aware of any dvd player that does not have a repeat function. In order to help, I would suggest that if this is in fact the issue, that the OP read the manual. Failing in that, we would need the dvd player brand and model to direct him to the repeat function.