Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD & Home Theater Gear
Reload this Page >

Possible Polarizer Issue with LCD RP, Suggestions?

Community
Search
DVD & Home Theater Gear Discuss DVD and Home Theater Equipment.

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-07, 08:07 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My Sony 42a10 has a slight reddish tint to it down the lower left side of the screen. Not noticable in brighter scenes but in blacks areas or black and white movies, forget it. It's bothersome.

I have a Best Buy service plan on this TV that I've had for two years, the plan was for four. Wondering if there's something either I can do at home for this, or if anybody has had experience in dealing with Best Buy for product service on a 42" TV (anything larger than 30" really).
Old 12-27-07, 04:50 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Isn't it usually home service for RPTVs? As in, they come to you.
Old 12-27-07, 09:07 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I set up an appointment today. Funny thing is, what I was seeing wasn't as apparant to me today.

It was only something that I noticed, something my wife wouldn't unless I point it out to her specifically. She noticed it after I pointed it out. Watching black and white content, I saw a reddish tint. Plain black screen without anything playing on the TV, with the TV on of course, I could see some minor discoloration in the black levels in the lower left area of the screen. Later on this evening it didn't look as bad, weird.

Anyways, I made an appointment with Best Buy and I'm assuming they're just sending a local qualified Sony repair man to see if I need a new bulb, if it's a polarizer issue within the light engine, or what. It is in home though, I'll know January 7th.