Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD & Home Theater Gear
Reload this Page >

Olevia 32" 232 LCD Help

Community
Search
DVD & Home Theater Gear Discuss DVD and Home Theater Equipment.

Olevia 32" 232 LCD Help

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-07, 06:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Olevia 32" 232 LCD Help

I just got the Olevia 32 inch model 232v from K-mart today. Well i hooked it up and can't really figure out how to calibrate this thing. It's my first TV so im clueless to this stuff. I read online that it had a pretty good picture, but it looks like super crap to me. I had my PS2 hooked up thru composite and s-video and the picture looks bad, like really bad.

The image is all blurry and the lines are broken and blocking looking. Is there anyway to fix this problem? Any sites that might say what to calibrate this TV too or any help from people with this TV?
Old 11-22-07, 07:04 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 412 Likes on 357 Posts
It sounds like more then calibration is an issue. Sounds like you don't have it set up correctly or there is a problem with the TV.

You need to trouble shoot first. What I would do is unhook everything and use your antenna/cable/dish to see how the picture is. Do you have an HD source? Or use a DVD player that you know works and mess with that.

I have an Olivia 27" in the bar and haven't had any problems. I run an antenna for locals in HD and SD DVD player.
Old 11-22-07, 07:48 PM

Originally Posted by Sdallnct
It sounds like more then calibration is an issue. Sounds like you don't have it set up correctly or there is a problem with the TV.

You need to trouble shoot first. What I would do is unhook everything and use your antenna/cable/dish to see how the picture is. Do you have an HD source? Or use a DVD player that you know works and mess with that.

I have an Olivia 27" in the bar and haven't had any problems. I run an antenna for locals in HD and SD DVD player.
I don't have an HD source nor cable. I did hook my DVD player up and it looked better. But the picture looked grainy and colors a little off. But better than when the PS2 was hooked up.
Old 11-22-07, 08:15 PM
DVD Talk Hero

How were you hooking up the DVD player? Use HDMI or Component and see if that helps. Also try hooking up the PS2 with component cables, not composite.
Old 11-22-07, 08:32 PM

Originally Posted by Sdallnct
How were you hooking up the DVD player? Use HDMI or Component and see if that helps. Also try hooking up the PS2 with component cables, not composite.
I'm running the Player on the AV cords it came with.HDMI cable should be here tomorrow. Do they have component cables for the PS2? Never seen any. But that could be the problem.
Old 11-23-07, 05:05 PM

Ok i found out that the TV really needed to be calibrated. It looks a lot better after i spent a long time playing with the settings.

New problem though. I got a Xbox 360 (halo 3 version w/hdmi) well i hooked the hdmi cable up to it and it seems to not work. It just says invalid input or something like that. And yeah its on the right signal and everything. I don't see any setting that works. It works with the component cables but not the hdmi cable. Is there something im doing wrong? Do i need to set the xbox to something to work. Cause i thought you just plug it in and it works.
Old 11-23-07, 06:03 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by ShinMusashi44
Ok i found out that the TV really needed to be calibrated. It looks a lot better after i spent a long time playing with the settings.

New problem though. I got a Xbox 360 (halo 3 version w/hdmi) well i hooked the hdmi cable up to it and it seems to not work. It just says invalid input or something like that. And yeah its on the right signal and everything. I don't see any setting that works. It works with the component cables but not the hdmi cable. Is there something im doing wrong? Do i need to set the xbox to something to work. Cause i thought you just plug it in and it works.
I don't know about Xbox, but yes on my PS3 I had to program it to output HDMI
Old 11-23-07, 06:47 PM

Ok so that might be the problem then. thanks for all the help.