Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD & Home Theater Gear
Reload this Page >

Mustek V56L-5E DVD player How To Reboot remove YUV P-Scan setting

Community
Search
DVD & Home Theater Gear Discuss DVD and Home Theater Equipment.

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-07, 12:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello Forum,I'm a newbie
I need your help, I have a Mustek V56L-5E DVD player,I stupidly changed the video output from secam (I think) to YUV/P-SCAN.
In the OSD there were three choices YUV,SECAM (I think) & YUV/P-SCAN,I need to go back to the middle choice, of course I now can't see the OSD as I don't have a compatible TV so I need someone to either tell me how to reboot the machine so it goes back to its default setting which I'm hoping is secam, or to tell me the correct sequence of button pushes required in the settings menu that would get me out of YUV/P-SCAN mode remembering I cannot see the onscreen display.

TIA & feel free to berate me over ignoring warning dialogs ;)
Tanya Moss
-----------------------------------
XXXOOO
Old 08-06-07, 08:56 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
Well that model does not show up on their website

http://www2.mustek.com/html/support.html

Perhaps you should try calling them directly
Old 08-08-07, 08:27 AM

Originally Posted by http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htf/showthread.php?p=3210507
Well I don't now where I got "Secam" from but yeah, it has s-video,composite & component video output.
The TV I don't think is p-scan capable.
I tried the trick of leaving the dvd unit disconnected from the power supply however it didn't reset to default settings,I was excited to try your method of putting plugs were they werent supposed to go (shiver) however that didn't work either the picture seemed to be moving across the screen in a diagonal direction and too fast to see what was going on.
I was getting to the stage of breaking open the box and looking for the battery supplying the the system memory but thought I better have a look first if it was still in warranty as this was my little brothers dvd I'm messing with,while looking for the warranty/receipt we found a slip of paper that must of been shoved in the manual as an after thought and which had subsequently come out. I had already examined the manual and although being nearly as thick as war & peace it contained only a few pages in english none of which were very illuminating apart from the fact that some languages consume more of the worlds trees in the production of manuals than others.
Ok back to that slip of paper, it was a eureka moment, I'll reprint the contents here.

[*] About VIDEO OUTPUT setting
If you choose "YUV P-SCAN" as the video output setting ,make sure your TV supports YUV P-SCAN input feature & the YUV cable is properly connected to the TV & DVD player.

[*] Troubleshooting
What if the screen turns black while operating ... (b.t.w. mine never did just the fast moving diagonal lines)
(Only if your TVset doesn't support YUV P-Scan input feature will this above problem happen.)
Step1: Close this DVD player. (make sure there is no disc inside it)
Step2: Press CLEAR button on the remote control,and the system will reset to the default setting.

B.T.W. the three settings were s-video ,YUV & YUV P-Scan so the middle one wouldn't of helped me much anyhow!

I hope my rant can help someone else.

Hugs & kisses 2 Brian
Tanya
Old 08-08-07, 09:48 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

i had the same problem happen to me with one of my sony dvd megachangers. luckily i have another one hooked up to the same tv but with the correct setting. i used one remote to scroll through the menus and osd and the other to toggle the menus for the player i had changed the setting on. it worked, but if it didn't i would have hooked it up to a tv w/ progressive scan and made the changes that way.