Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD & Home Theater Gear
Reload this Page >

Scan lines during upconverting to 1080i?

Community
Search
DVD & Home Theater Gear Discuss DVD and Home Theater Equipment.

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-07, 11:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

In recently borrowed a friends Denon 1730 dvd player. I have it hooked to a Mitsubishi Medallion series DLP via HDMI cable.

My question, There have been a few brief moments (very very brief) where I saw scan lines during something with motion.What was the most annoying, it is practically allscan lines when you try to watch special features or documentaries on the movie. Are these special features put on there with a different compression or something, causing a lot of lines......or is that just the nature of things.

Can someone tell me a little about this or share what they know.
Old 06-04-07, 11:33 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sounds like it is in the wrong video processing mode. Try the different de-interlacing modes for different types of signal. The movie is generally film-source, the special features video-source.

I'm not familiar with that particular Denon, but it should have a couple different settings.

Why are you upconverting to 1080i with a progressive-scan TV? That could also be part of it.