DVD & Home Theater Gear Discuss DVD and Home Theater Equipment.

Coby TF-DVD7100 DVD Player Problem

Old 02-07-07, 10:20 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Coby TF-DVD7100 DVD Player Problem

All of the sudden when I turn on my Coby TF-DVD7100 Portable DVD player (I have it connected to my TV due to my other DVD player went out on me about 2 months ago), it will turn on for about 5 secs, then turn off for a second or two, then turn back on for about 5 secs, then back off, and so on until I turn it off. Now here's the weird part. If I unplug the AC adaptor and run it off of the battery, it works fine. I don't think there is a short in the wire because it was just hooked up to another TV in the house this morning and was playing fine. Any ideas?
Old 02-08-07, 12:16 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Is there some sort of reset process? Either sounds like a power transformer problem (since only the AC power is affected) or a loose wire. Sure it is plugged in right? They come out sometimes, and it sounds like yours is moved around a lot.
Old 02-08-07, 06:49 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

No, I don't think there is a reset process. I've had this player for over a year and this has never happened. Yes it was pluged in right, I even tried it in a different outlet. And no, it's not moved around alot, it usually stays in my room, but we moved it out to the living room the other day because we had some people over and we wanted to watch a movie.