Community
Search
DVD & Home Theater Gear Discuss DVD and Home Theater Equipment.

hd player

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-06, 11:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hd player

this is the one i want to buy

Toshiba HD-DVD Player (HDA2)
HD-DVD playback: High definition playback delivers 720p/1080i resolution at a transfer rate higher than DVD or even HDTV, resulting in a more detailed, realistic picture.

Built-in multi-channel decoders: The HD-A2 has built-in processors to handle the multi-channel decoders for Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital Plus, Dolby TrueHD , DTS and DTSHD. It employs the use of four DSPs to decode the multi-channel streams of the wide array of audio formats. These 32-bit floating-point DSPs are world renowned for their high accuracy and are employed in many high quality audio solutions in the home theater market.

High Definition Multimedia Interface (HDMI): HDMI is the first industry-supported all digital audio/video connection providing the transmission of uncompressed digital video and multichannel audio on a single cable. When matched to a compatible HDMI-equipped HDTV, this single cable connection ensures that all signals remain in their pure digital form.

HDMI upconversion: Enjoy backwards compatibility and play your collection of standard DVDs on the player. In addition, via the HDMI interface, the HD-A2 scales the standard definition DVD output to a resolution of 720p or 1080i. Not only does this output the video in HD standard resolution, but because the conversion takes place in the player, the signal remains free from excessive digital-to-analog conversion artifacts.

Connections: In addition to HDMI, the HD-A2 also includes component video and S-video outputs, as well as TOSLINK digital audio outputs, so you'll be able to connect to virtually any TV or home theater system.

Sleek design: The HD-A2 has a slim profile and a depth advantage that allows it to fit into almost any home environment.

Supported formats: The HD-A2 supports HD-DVD, DVD, DVD-R, DVD-RW, CD-RW, and audio CDs.
Old 12-30-06, 12:50 PM

Mmmhmm...is there a question?

Originally Posted by hddvdnum1
this is the one i want to buy

Toshiba HD-DVD Player (HDA2)
HD-DVD playback: High definition playback delivers 720p/1080i resolution at a transfer rate higher than DVD or even HDTV, resulting in a more detailed, realistic picture.

Built-in multi-channel decoders: The HD-A2 has built-in processors to handle the multi-channel decoders for Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital Plus, Dolby TrueHD , DTS and DTSHD. It employs the use of four DSPs to decode the multi-channel streams of the wide array of audio formats. These 32-bit floating-point DSPs are world renowned for their high accuracy and are employed in many high quality audio solutions in the home theater market.

High Definition Multimedia Interface (HDMI): HDMI is the first industry-supported all digital audio/video connection providing the transmission of uncompressed digital video and multichannel audio on a single cable. When matched to a compatible HDMI-equipped HDTV, this single cable connection ensures that all signals remain in their pure digital form.

HDMI upconversion: Enjoy backwards compatibility and play your collection of standard DVDs on the player. In addition, via the HDMI interface, the HD-A2 scales the standard definition DVD output to a resolution of 720p or 1080i. Not only does this output the video in HD standard resolution, but because the conversion takes place in the player, the signal remains free from excessive digital-to-analog conversion artifacts.

Connections: In addition to HDMI, the HD-A2 also includes component video and S-video outputs, as well as TOSLINK digital audio outputs, so you'll be able to connect to virtually any TV or home theater system.

Sleek design: The HD-A2 has a slim profile and a depth advantage that allows it to fit into almost any home environment.

Supported formats: The HD-A2 supports HD-DVD, DVD, DVD-R, DVD-RW, CD-RW, and audio CDs.
Old 12-30-06, 04:08 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You might want to check out the HD forum...
Old 12-30-06, 06:04 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

So....buy it!

Considering it's essentially the only one available right now, that makes some sense.