DVD & Home Theater Gear Discuss DVD and Home Theater Equipment.

ive lost an aspect ratio

Old 09-30-06, 09:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

ive lost an aspect ratio

I just purchased a Pioneer dvd/dvr player(DVR-543H) so i can record stuff while im at work.I think i have it all hooked up okay after alot of frustration(im not good at tech stuff) and seems good cept when i got to watch a dvd or TV thru the player all i get for aspect ratios is: full,zoom and 4:3 but with my previous dvd player(Panasonic same as my widescreen tv) i had a ratio called "just" which was good for 4:3 tv or non anamorphic dvds.But when i go back to watching just thru TV the "just" ratio is there.I like the ratio cuz it uses the whole screen so im wondering why the dvd wont recognize it?
Old 09-30-06, 09:53 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I t has nothing to do with "recognizing" it. "Just" isn't an aspect ratio, it's a setting offered on your Panasonic for altering the aspect ratio of a DVD to make it fit your screen. The Pioneer doesn't have the same feature. It's as simple as that.
Old 09-30-06, 10:32 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Mr. Salty
I t has nothing to do with "recognizing" it. "Just" isn't an aspect ratio, it's a setting offered on your Panasonic for altering the aspect ratio of a DVD to make it fit your screen. The Pioneer doesn't have the same feature. It's as simple as that.
Ok thanks.I recorded something from tv and played it back and found it to be ok with "zoom" and that seems to be ok.
Old 09-30-06, 11:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

All the coolest DVD Talk members watch programming in the OAR and avoid zooming and modifying the image just to fill their TV screens.
Old 10-01-06, 01:09 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Mr. Salty
All the coolest DVD Talk members watch programming in the OAR and avoid zooming and modifying the image just to fill their TV screens.
Well i've never been cool but i always liked the way the "just" ratio worked but i guess i could use the 4:3 for regular tv since it is clearer but i guess if i got myself a HD cable box(and it would be about time since ive had my HD compatible tv for 2 years ) and then the problem would be solved,i think.