Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD & Home Theater Gear
Reload this Page >

Sony DVD-Recorder RDR-VX515 a nightmare?

Community
Search
DVD & Home Theater Gear Discuss DVD and Home Theater Equipment.

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-06, 03:54 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We have had this machine for a half a year now and have burned all of our Family's Home video VHS and subsequent digital video tapes to disc with it. Having achieved that, I then moved on to trying to save some programs from my DVR and have encountered some problems. Primarily, it seems when one uses the pause button to stop the recording between commercial breaks (while we fast forward through them) OR if we stop recording at each commercial break, we get two outcomes, neither of which is desireable. The machine makes awful noises which it never used to and our end result is a disc which won't Finalize or a disc that only fills up part of the amount of space that it should.

We contacted Sony about this problem. We spoke to a person whom had such an extreme accent in English that communication was nearly impossible but after a great deal of time asking the representative to repeat themselves on almost every sentence a few times, we were finally told we are "using bad DVDs" even though the only thing we have ever used are SONY brand DVD-R which the user's manual recommends, of course.

Is anyone else having problems with their machine of a similar nature? I can't believe that all of our discs are bad and feel the rep was just trying to end the call as soon as possible since they offered no assistance at all.