Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD & Home Theater Gear
Reload this Page >

External Subwoofer for Soundmatters Mainstage All-in-one Surround System question

Community
Search
DVD & Home Theater Gear Discuss DVD and Home Theater Equipment.

External Subwoofer for Soundmatters Mainstage All-in-one Surround System question

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-06, 07:45 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I purchased a Soundmatters Mainstage All in one Surround System last year and I want to test my Mainstage with an external subwoofer I already own. Does anyone recommend the setup of the subwoofer knob levels at the back of the Mainstage and at the back of my external subwoofer. For example, should the Mainstage subwoofer knob level be turned all the way to the minimum while I have my external subwoofer on at middle level? Or should both knobs be at the middle level? Or some other combination?

I read in some vague reviews that the Mainstage subwoofer automatically shuts off when an external subwoofer is attached. And I also read that some external subwoofers don't sound right when attached to the Mainstage. Anyone experience this or have any recommendations of what to do?
Thanks for anyone's help!
Old 04-15-06, 09:50 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
I have never heard of this kind of equipment so I suggest you just experiment with different settings. If you have an analog spl meter that would help.