Community
Search
DVD & Home Theater Gear Discuss DVD and Home Theater Equipment.

HDMI cables on ebay?

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-06, 12:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Mr. Cinema
I have gone back and forth about DVR. I was all set to have this hooked up tomorrow. However, I googled the brand I was getting, a "Scientific Atlantic 8300". Every place that mentioned this box basically said it was a complete piece of garbage. Stating it was very buggy, etc. People also had big problems with the HDMI connection in that unit.

That's enough for me to cancel my delivery tomorrow. I'll just wait until they get a better box. I have a regular HD box from Pioneer, who is a brand I trust. Why don't they use a name brand DVR like they do their other boxes? Before getting this HD box, I had a regular digital box and it was also Pioneer.
i have the sa8300 and it works good. i used a hdmi to dvi cable and the set works fine, apparently issues if you hdmi to hdmi.

--soheil
Old 01-28-06, 11:32 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I've had some problems with my SA8300 but nothing too bad. The worst is just that, every once in a while, I have to unplug it and re-establish the connection. That only happens once every few weeks, so it's not that big a deal. I think it more has to do with connection traffic rather than the box iteslf. I'm using hdmi from it to my 50" panasonic plasma and the picture makes the minor inconvenience worth it. The hd-dvr is pretty cool, too.
Old 01-30-06, 10:00 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

SA is a big brand name for cable boxes. Motorola is the other main supplier of DVRs to cable companies.