Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD & Home Theater Gear
Reload this Page >

Mitsubishi "Medallion" series

Community
Search
DVD & Home Theater Gear Discuss DVD and Home Theater Equipment.

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-05, 06:36 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Is this a NEW line from Mitsubishi? I noticed COSTCO is selling these now. I think they have a 61" Plasma even ($9400). There are a few DLP. I was just wondering where these "Medallion" series rank. I know they have/had Diamond series, then the normal series. I have an older 55", and was looking to upgrade to something with 720p....eventually.
Old 11-19-05, 10:34 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Medallion is the tier below Diamond. I bought the 62" WD-62725 DLP (not from Costco) and LOVE it.

Here's some additional info:

Culled from http://reviews.cnet.com/Mitsubishi_W...2.html?tag=nav

The Mitsubishi WD25 series (2004 DLP) comes in two sizes (52-inch and 62-inch). They all include Texas Instruments' HD2+ DLP chip, which has a native resolution of 1,280x720, allowing these sets to display the full resolution of 720p material. All models have extensive connectivity options, including an HDMI port, three component-video inputs, three FireWire ports, two A/V inputs, and a VGA input.
More-specific information about the WD series can be found in our full review of the WD-52525. Other models should offer nearly identical video quality, and their main differences are described below.

(Base - 525 series)
WD-52525 and WD-62525: This model is virtually identical to the WD-52525 except that it has a larger 62-inch screen.

(Medallion - 725 series)
WD-52725 and WD-62725: Aside from external aesthetics, the only feature that's different between the 525 models and the 725 models is the antiglare screen included with 725 models. During our tests with the WD-52525, we did notice glare from its protective screen, which we were able to remove. This does have the drawback of leaving screen the unprotected.

(Diamond - 825 series)
WD-52825 and WD-62825: The Diamond Series 825 models include a built-in 120GB DVR that can record approximately 12 hours of high-def material (or about 120 hours of standard-def) from the set's internal tuner CableCard and over-the-air digital tuners. They also offer the TV Guide On-Screen EPG. Although we have not tested these specific models, we have found that TV Guide's EPG has difficulty working with some digital cable systems. It also does not work with satellite signals. According to Mitsubishi, the 825 models include an even better antiglare screen than the 725 models. They also have different styling

Last edited by laserdogg; 11-19-05 at 10:39 PM.
Old 11-20-05, 12:48 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just a note that I've read that the 525 models do not accept a 720p input even though that's the native res of the display. You need to feed it either 480i/p or 1080i and have the display scale the image to 720p.