Community
Search
DVD & Home Theater Gear Discuss DVD and Home Theater Equipment.

Sub help?

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-05, 01:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sub help?

I need help with my sub. I have a pioneer elite vsx-43tx receiver, and a jbl 12" sub. My sub was working great with everything(cd,dvd, and xbox). Today I noticed it was not working at all. I didn't change any of the settings. When I did the channle balance in the settings the sub worked, so I don't think it's the receiver. I set my speaker setting for large/small to small for all my speakers. This is the way I have always had it. When you do this it automatically sets the sub to on. So I hooked the sub to my Yamaha receiver and it worked perfectly. Is there something i'm missing? Is it something in the expert settings? What should crossover be set at on both receiver and sub? Please anybody that could help, I really need it.
Old 01-29-05, 12:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
What type of setup is there for the Pioneer? You may have to enable it to send the sub a signal in some menu.
Old 01-29-05, 04:20 PM

Originally Posted by Brian Shannon
What type of setup is there for the Pioneer? You may have to enable it to send the sub a signal in some menu.

It has a quick setup,normal setup, and expert setup.

In quick setup: Sub setting(yes), center sp(yes), surrback sp(yes). Then it has room size setting and listening position setting.

In normal setting: Speaker set(put all speakers to small, that automatically tells receiver you have a sub). Then channel level(when doing test tones, the sub works). Then channel delay.

Then expert setup(I know nothing about): It has crossover network(don't know what to set this at 50Hz, 80Hz, 100Hz, 150Hz, or 200Hz). Then fine channel level. Fine channel delay. Acoustic cal eq. Bass peak level. Dynamic range control.

I hope this helps, because it doesn't help me lol. Thanks for any help, and if you need more info let me know.
Old 01-29-05, 05:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

If the sub works when you run the test tones then it is setup and connected fine. If you are not getting any output on dvd's you may need to check and see what settings there are in your dvd player.
Old 01-30-05, 01:26 AM

The thing is, it doesn't work for my CD player or Xbox.
Old 01-30-05, 07:33 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by roidrage
The thing is, it doesn't work for my CD player or Xbox.
Does each seperate input have a way to set up speakers and sub? I have a Sony receiver that allows me to turn on or off certain things such as a sub based on input.