Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD & Home Theater Gear
Reload this Page >

I Need Advice on a good, reliable DVD player!!!

Community
Search
DVD & Home Theater Gear Discuss DVD and Home Theater Equipment.

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-04, 09:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello All,
I was just wondering if you guys could recomend some nice, reliable dvd players that are in the $100-200 price range and have a good amount of features to them.Thanks in advance.
Ian
Old 04-27-04, 07:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just purchased a Sony Progressive-Scan DVD/MP3 Player, Model DVP-NS725P yesterday. It's regularly priced at $129.99 in store, but it's selling for $116.99 when you purchase it online and do an in-store pickup from BestBuy.com

It's not a bad little progressive scan player with both Coxial and Optical audio ablities, along with being able to read DVD-R media. Tested it with DVD-R media using an array of different brands, speeds, and backed-up Episodic DVDs and not a single glitch yet. Also the reviews at DVDRhelp.com Sony DVP-NS725P give it a pretty good rating. Might be better out there, but the reviews and for my needs it fit.
Old 04-27-04, 09:43 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I am waiting on a CC gift card which I will use to buy the Pioneer 563A Linkified. It has gotten great reviews for DVD players in the sub $200 price range. If you can afford more then check out the Denon 910. It runs about $299 from an authorized Denon dealer. I would buy the Denon but it is a little too much $$ for me now.