Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD & Home Theater Gear
Reload this Page >

Home Theater Troubleshooting (no sound, need help!)

Community
Search
DVD & Home Theater Gear Discuss DVD and Home Theater Equipment.

Home Theater Troubleshooting (no sound, need help!)

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-03, 08:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PROBLEM SOLVED! Thanks!

Hey everyone, I'm having trouble with my home theater system. I'm not getting any sound out of my AUX mode (which is what I normally play my TV off of) Unless I turn it almost all the way up (and even then its hard to hear) All the cables are hooked up correctly, and I can't figure out whats wrong. When I go to play movies, everything works like a dream. It can't be the speakers, they all work great, yet I can't get any sound! Anyone have a clue to help me solve my problem? Let me know, thanks!
Matt

BTW, the AUX mode has worked fine for the longest time, just all of a sudden won't work

Last edited by MHohen75; 12-26-03 at 01:39 PM.
Old 12-25-03, 10:12 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Mute button on your TV maybe or volume all the way down on your TV? You probably have variable audio outputs on the TV and the signal going to your receiver is too low.

BTW... please post what equipment you are using and it may be easier to diagnose the problem.

Sonicflood
Old 12-25-03, 10:51 PM

I have my TV speakers turned off, and the volume all the way down. I have an older 27" Toshiba TV (6 years old or so) but I've never had any problems with it before, and I remember a while back having a little problem like this, but it seemed to have fixed itself. (or maybe I did something) I have a Kenwood HTB-505 system. Not sure what to do here, any tips would be appreciated, or maybe someone can tell me how to fix it! thanks for the imput so far!
Matt
Old 12-26-03, 12:22 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Try turning the volume on the TV up. If it gets louder on the stereo its because the TV as variable sound outputs like Sonic said. Sometimes there is a menu item on the TV that allows you to change it to fixed output so it won't matter what the TV volume is set at.
Old 12-26-03, 01:39 PM

ah ha....thanks guys, figured it out. I put the volume all the way up, then turned the speakers off. Works like a charm now, thanks again!
Matt