Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD & Home Theater Gear
Reload this Page >

Mitsubishi 65" WS-65513

Community
Search
DVD & Home Theater Gear Discuss DVD and Home Theater Equipment.

Mitsubishi 65" WS-65513

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-03, 12:35 PM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mitsubishi 65" WS-65513

I did a search for the model number here before posting..

Does anyone have this TV? What kind of distance from the TV do you need to be? Any pros/cons on this model? Best Buy has it listed for about $3.3k How does this model compare to say the Samsung HCN-653W in picture quality? Sound i could care less about as i don't plan on using the tv speakers for anything but tv and about the only thing i watch on tv is History channel and Wrestling =) I am looking at getting a widescreen tv for hometheater usage.. my room is a long and farely wide room with a picture window at one end and a nice blank wall at the opposite end.. (I will be getting theater type drapes for that nasty window) I was looking at plasma tv until i read some posts here about them and decided the size of the tv isnt an issue with me. (coolness factor tuggs a lot on my eyes hehe)
Old 10-29-03, 02:35 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You can get a comparable Mitsu 65" widescreen for much less. I believe the 513 has a built-in HD receiver--a waste of money right now IMO. You can always add an outboard box later, if/when you want to. Look for the 413, etc. You can probably get one for closer to $2k, definitely under $2500.

Mitsus have a *great* picture, as good as any, when set up properly. See my recent post here in another thread for details. I like the Mitsus personally. We sit about 8 feet from ours and it's fine. Clear, accurate picture with a nice 'small movie screen' effect, which is noticeably different and better than the 46-inch-or-so "big tv" effect. $^)
Old 10-29-03, 04:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I have a 55" and recommend them highly. We sit about 11' from ours and that is fine for DVD's but kind of annoying for regular TV. For a dedicated Home Theater a 65" would be fine, but a 65" would be too overwhelming for me at that distance for regular TV.