Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD & Home Theater Gear
Reload this Page >

Whats wrong with my 32 inch jvc tv?

Community
Search
DVD & Home Theater Gear Discuss DVD and Home Theater Equipment.

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-03, 09:25 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok well about 2 months ago I bought a JVC tv after my big screen tv have problems. The JCV didnt seem to have straight lines and was a little red in the corners so I returned it. Well I brought the second one home and it had red in all 4 corners and looked really bad. So I returned it again. Well my 3rd tv also has redness all on the left side of the tv. Its really annoying. I do have speakers need to them but they are in a entertainmentcenter. And I would day a good foot away on each side. When looking close on each side of the tv I can see the colors coming out of alignment. It was like this when I got it but maybe not this bad. I would have returned it again but I didnt feel like lugging the thing back to bestbuy again. Is this a easy fix or whats going on? I really like the tv other than the redness. Can this be fixed in the service menu?
Old 09-14-03, 09:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
A foot isn't very far if the speakers are unshielded. Have you tried moving the speakers well away to see if this changes the situation?
Old 09-14-03, 09:44 PM
Banned

Yes I have. I have layed them done on the ground and it does nothing. Like I said it was like this when I first got the tv. I might try getting a degausser like someone told me because they are only about 20 bucks. And I have 2 other screwed up tvs this might fix. But why I think this isnt the problem is that I'm seeing RED lines. Usally its green if it was a speaker issue right? My speakers are supposed to be shielded maybe they arent. Do you have a reccomendation on how I can sheild them? Because they have to be where I have them because I have other place to put them.

Last edited by DVDTalker002; 09-14-03 at 09:59 PM.
Old 09-14-03, 09:51 PM
Banned

I'm going to take the speaker away from the tv over night and see if that fixes it at all. If it does I will know this is the problem. Is it the front of the speaker thats doing this? Or the sides?
Old 09-14-03, 09:53 PM
Banned

these are the speakers I have http://www.sel.sony.com/SEL/consumer...s-mf600h.shtml

they say magnetically sheilded.
Old 09-14-03, 09:55 PM
Banned

Do you think its possible this could have happend in shipping? Because at bestbuy they load the trucks with tvs and speakers at the same time. Sometimes stacked ontop of each other?
Old 09-14-03, 10:40 PM

try turning the TV on in the store or a completely different location to see if it's something with your home or it's something with the units.
Old 09-14-03, 10:47 PM
Banned

I'm not lugging this back to the store. I have brought it into the other room it does the same thing. Red lines on both side of the screen. Centers fine its just the sides. I really think this is something that happend in shipping. Because like I said this is my 3rd tv with the problem. And I noticed it the day I got it. But I had allready waisted the hole day return the last one so I said screw it. I just bought a degasser to see if that will fix it. And if not at least I will know. And I have 1 monitor and 1 tv with major problems so maybe it will fix their problems also.

Does anyone know Does JVC have internal Deguassers in their newer models of tvs?
Old 09-14-03, 11:26 PM

Next time at the store, test out the TV right there, instead of lugging it home to test and have to bring back.
Old 09-14-03, 11:40 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

It may be a voltage problem with your electricity. If the TV is not getting the voltage it needs it can experience strange problems like you describe. Voltage problems will show up on one type of TV but not on another, so another TV in your house may work fine but the JVC may not.

You mentioned your Big screen had problems which leads me to beleive it may be a voltage problem. Bigger TV's and big screen TV require a lot more voltage then smaller one so if they are not getting the correct voltage strange things can occur.

Last edited by Frank S; 09-14-03 at 11:52 PM.
Old 09-14-03, 11:46 PM
Banned

I can see how that would be the case if I were watching a dvd. But it does this on normal cable.

I did test it out at the store. And it didnt look all that bad. It seems its got alot worse.