Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD & Home Theater Gear
Reload this Page >

Any opinions on Fluance speakers?

Community
Search
DVD & Home Theater Gear Discuss DVD and Home Theater Equipment.

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-03, 10:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've heard they're great speakers for the price. Does anyone have any experience with them?

I was looking at the ES-1 and the SM-938.

http://www.fluance.com/

Thanks.
Old 04-11-03, 12:24 PM

I have noticed them also. I am highly considering buying them but would like more opinions first. From what I have read through forums here (search works great) anyone who has them seems to love them.
Old 04-12-03, 11:36 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Me too!! I saw these speakers from another posting and was wondering about them also. They look very nice, and the price is really low. Already have some nice Axioms, but I never mind looking for more home theater components. I just would like to know how they compare to higher reference speakers.
Old 04-13-03, 06:57 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I would look elsewhere. For a similar price, you could easily pick up some JBL Studio series speakers which have been reviewed very very favorably.

The thing with Fluance, is that when you look in their review section all it is is customer testimonials syaing the speakers are cool or rock. They have yet to send their speakers out for a professional review in one of the audio magazines which I think is a very important step for a speaker company to take especially one starting out. This shows me they have something hide (lack of performance?). Not to mention the difficulties you may experience in getting your speaker fixed if you ever have a problem (no local, dealers/service centers means you have to send everything out).

J
Old 04-14-03, 08:06 AM

CNET.com now has a review up for these speakers.
Old 04-14-03, 03:54 PM
Premium Member

Tweeter: 1" Titanium Balanced Silk Dome Ferrofluid Cooled

Is it titanium or silk

Also-

Subwoofer: Side-firing 10" Poly-Treated High Excursion, Butyl Rubber Surround, 30 oz Magnet, 35mm Voice Coil
35mm is very small VC for a 10" woofer!

Never heard them out side of one other post, but it does seem a bit of a white van job. But could be a real internet startup.

Not sure?
Old 04-14-03, 04:03 PM
Premium Member

3 Year Warranty: All Fluance products offered at Fluance.com come with a complete three-year parts and labour manufacturer's warranty. For all other products, applicable manufacturer's warranty apply.

If in any situation your purchase from Fluance.com displays a manufacturer's defect and does not function correctly during the warranty period, Fluance will repair your product and cover all parts, labour, and return costs. Does not include damaged goods due to abuse or misuse. Products returned to Fluance.com for warranty service must be shipped prepaid (paid by the customer). Fluance will return serviced products under warranty prepaid to the customer.

Your product and warranty registration is automatic and is completed by us at the time of shipment (no additional paperwork required). All returns require return authorization and you will receive complete instructions with the authorization.

Just spent a while looking around the site and to me its a white van! If the product was good they would have a money back deal. You are buying these without hearing them and have no return option.

Be careful!
Old 04-14-03, 05:15 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

CNET.com now has a review up for these speakers.
They woud probably be the last source I would consider reliable for an audio review. Check over on the Home Theater Forum. I remember a couple members buying these awhile ago. I think they said they sounded ok for the money, but overall you get what you pay for.

J
Old 04-14-03, 06:43 PM

Also check the Speakers forum over at HTF . I remember seeing Fluance there when I was speaker shopping.

EDIT EDIT EDIT: DOH! DOH! DOH! There is an echo echo echo in here here here

Last edited by digitalmanAZ; 04-17-03 at 01:19 PM.
Old 04-17-03, 12:09 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Also check the Speakers forum over at HTF . I remember seeing Fluance there when I was speaker shopping.
Is there an echo in here? (read my post right above yours)
Old 04-17-03, 07:37 AM

Thanks all.

I was actually looking for some smaller speakers to replace the large, unshielded mains I currently use for my HT. And, I really would like to stay below $350. Would the JBL Studio series be the best alternative for the price? I'm not set on floorstanding speakers. If I could find a nice pair of small bookshelf speakers to put on stands, that would work. I only listen to music about 10% of the time. They'd be used for HT sound most of the time.
Old 04-17-03, 05:04 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Is it just me, or does anyone else, when reading this thread title, see 'flatulence'? And I keep thinking they must have good bass response...
Old 04-20-03, 07:46 PM

I won a bid on e-bay for a pair on of si-6.They arrived in FL in 5 days,doubled boxed.I use them for 100% ht,and they sound fine to me.A pair of towers for less than $190.00 was the best deal I could find.