Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD & Home Theater Gear
Reload this Page >

Question on Receivers and Speakers...

Community
Search
DVD & Home Theater Gear Discuss DVD and Home Theater Equipment.

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-03, 02:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm setting up a mini theater system in my bedroom and need some help choosing the reciver. My setup is listed below:

1. TV - I have a 27" RCA that will need to be changed at some point just not now...good enough for now but might think about RPTV or Plasma in the near future.

2. XBOX - have it and love it

3. PS2 - have it and love it

4. Receiver - No idea. Need a decent unit but don't want to spend more than $250-300 on it. It should have most of the features (DTS, lots of inputs/outputs) but doesn't need to be cutting edge. As you can see this will be a game system that gets occasional use for DVD watching.

5. Speakers - I have my eyes set on the Logitech Z-680s. I don't know if they can be hooked up to a receiver though. Has anyone done this already? Are the Z-680s only for a cimputer? Any help is always appreciated.

6. DVD player - The PS2 will do this. I'll get a good DVD player when the TV is upgraded so I'll just save the cash right now.

Thanks for your help.
Old 04-07-03, 02:57 PM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You won't need a receiver with the 680's. They have built in DD and DTS decoders...