Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD & Home Theater Gear
Reload this Page >

CB interference help.

Community
Search
DVD & Home Theater Gear Discuss DVD and Home Theater Equipment.

CB interference help.

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-03, 11:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CB interference help.

I have a neighbor who uses a CB frequently, and I'm hearing him through my Sub-Woofer for my HT system and computer speakers. Is there a device that will prevent this, it's really starting to get on my nerves
Old 02-21-03, 01:17 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

shoot the redneck! My brother used to be into cb and the damn thing bled over into everything, the TV, the stereo, and the phone. Sneek out in the middle of the night and cut the line to his antenna. then tell him 1976 called and wants it's cb, mullet, CHiPs posters, and pet rock back.
Old 02-21-03, 06:31 AM
Cool New Member

Back when CB's used to require a license, the FCC required you to provide a filter for the TV's of anyone that was experiencing a "bleed" through their TV. If the thing is bleeding through your sub it is possible the offender is transmitting at too high a power level. You might check with the FCC and see what they say, they may have an option for a filter, and they may be interested in someone transmitting too much power! They used to have telemetry (sp?) trucks that could narrow down an offender very easily.