Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD & Home Theater Gear
Reload this Page >

Original/Vintage Movie Posters - Post Your Pics (warning 56K users - may load slow)

Community
Search
DVD & Home Theater Gear Discuss DVD and Home Theater Equipment.

Original/Vintage Movie Posters - Post Your Pics (warning 56K users - may load slow)

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-03, 10:48 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by broadwayblue
thanks for the link. what is an acid-free archival mat and do i need that? the frame already comes with 100% acid-free archival backing.
Unless you are framing a very expensive piece that is an investment item, I wouldn't worry about the archival mat.

As long as you use acid-free backing, that is most important thing.

Cheers,
Erik the Red
Old 05-14-03, 09:32 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by DVD_O_Rama
Hollywood Poster Frames

Sue Heim is the absolute best in the biz, and I won't let anyone else frame my linenbacked stuff.
DVD_O_Rama, can you (or anyone) comment on the quality of there Economy Frame?
Old 05-15-03, 03:06 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Spy021
DVD_O_Rama, can you (or anyone) comment on the quality of there Economy Frame?
Don't let the word economy scare you off. All of their frames are the same material, it's the other things (acid free mat, archival material, etc) that make them different.
You won't be dissapointed with the economy frames, rest assured.
Old 05-15-03, 04:13 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Don't let the word economy scare you off. All of their frames are the same material, it's the other things (acid free mat, archival material, etc) that make them different.
Thanks for the info! I think I will be ordering a couple of them tonight. =)
Old 05-19-03, 04:15 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Placed my order for a couple of the economy frames Thursday night. I ended up having a couple of questions and gave Sue a call Friday afternoon. She was extremely friendly and knowledgeable! She definitely went well above and beyond in the information that she provided me. I will definitely be a repeat customer of hers. Now to find some posters to put in these frames.
Old 09-04-03, 09:59 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 135 Likes on 98 Posts
Hey all!

Some really neat posters! Inspired me to go find some of my own. TV shows immediately, but I'm looking at some movie ones!

Actually, that's the reason I'm posting. I'm finding some posters on ebay for around $60 dollars or so that are "Mint", but are also 25-30+ old. Part of me is thinking this is too good to be true, and a really good deal. Same part of me is thinking these are actually reprints being touted as the originals.

Either that, or I like less popular movies! Hehe.

Keep in mind, I'm not looking at folded vintage pre-1950 posters.
Old 09-04-03, 11:18 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Superman07

Actually, that's the reason I'm posting. I'm finding some posters on ebay for around $60 dollars or so that are "Mint", but are also 25-30+ old. Part of me is thinking this is too good to be true, and a really good deal. Same part of me is thinking these are actually reprints being touted as the originals.

Either that, or I like less popular movies! Hehe.

Keep in mind, I'm not looking at folded vintage pre-1950 posters.
Supe,

Collecting movie paper can be an addicting and expensive hobby. I recently got into it myself and have really enjoyed it. I did find however that you have to be very careful about what people are selling as "authentic" as there are a lot of reprints and fakes floating around. Ebay is notorious about this, not only in regards to movie posters, but collectiables in general. I don't say this to prevent you or anyone else from buying off of ebay, but just to be careful. Be sure that you know exactly what you are purchasing and ask questions that will help you to ensure it's authenticity. I recently went looking out on ebay for a Scarface one-sheet and noticed a few sellers who claimed to have "Mint" original copies of this poster, for a crazy price. As much as I wanted to jump on this deal, I decided to do some research first. Basically, I came to the conclusion that the posters where not authentic, even if the seller claimed them to be.

If youre interested in learning more about the various movie posters and finding out information on them, I would suggest that you take a look at http://www.iguide.net/hollywood/forum as they have a lot of helpful information.

Oh yea... here is a the latest poster that I have added to my small collection. Just in time for the re-release.

P.S. Before anyone asks... No I am not a rap artist with a house featured on MTV Cribs

Old 09-05-03, 08:35 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

re

Thanks SPY!! I actually checked out your thread over the on the same subject, and the same seller - Bradburied. He does indeed seem to have too many "Mint" pre 80 posters. I'll definitely be reading through that whole thread when I get home later today.

Did you end up getting your SF B/W from him, or somebody else?

Thanks agian!
Old 09-05-03, 10:37 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts
Oh yea... here is a the latest poster that I have added to my small collection. Just in time for the re-release.
Man that Scarface poster is so sexy
Old 09-05-03, 12:00 PM

Great thread, but why is this under "hardware?"

Last edited by jblackie; 09-05-03 at 12:24 PM.
Old 09-05-03, 08:54 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Re: re

Originally posted by Superman07
Thanks SPY!! I actually checked out your thread over the on the same subject, and the same seller - Bradburied. He does indeed seem to have too many "Mint" pre 80 posters. I'll definitely be reading through that whole thread when I get home later today.

Did you end up getting your SF B/W from him, or somebody else?

Thanks agian!
Supe,

I ended up getting the Scarface poster from a guy who works as a GM for a theater chain, who I met off the boards at Iguide. At the time, he worked as an usher and it was an extra poster that they did not have room for. He was able to take it. I sent several communications and checked his references and was very satisfied that this was in fact the real deal. I later found out that it was the Advance and was much more rare than the regular one-sheet which is very similar. (Difference being the tagline in the lower left hand side).

Steebo, thanks! I really love the poster myself...
Old 09-07-03, 07:27 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Well, I picked up the follow off of ebay.

Hopefully it should be here Tuesday, so I'll get to see first hand how it looks.

Info I know about it is:

60x40 in.
Price Paid: $50

David