Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD & Home Theater Gear
Reload this Page >

HELP with Surround Sound System

Community
Search
DVD & Home Theater Gear Discuss DVD and Home Theater Equipment.

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-02, 06:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I need some help here, and I am new to Surround Sound.
For Christmas I got a Advent AHT-850. However the booklet only tells how to hook up the front left and right speakers to the Subwoofer. Does anyone know how I would hook up the back speakers and the center channel? The speakers and the Center Channel only have Input port, nothing to bring it out to other speaker. The Subwoofer only has two ports to bring the sound into. Can anyone help? The salesman said all I needed was this system and my TV to get it all hooked up. My RCA has four output's. Does something go to them?
Also this Advent has a wire sping loading hook up, not the push/plug in audio wires I am use to. Is this better? My DVD doesn't have the spring thing. iS there away to have a push in and a wire one at the other end?
Thanks, please help!
Darin
PS>This dumb thing didn't even come with wires!
Old 12-27-02, 09:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: under the stars with a great view of the mountains and a the lovely aroma of cow shit.
Can you take a pic of the hook ups?
Old 12-27-02, 10:33 PM

Nope sorry
What they are is a Black and Red spring clap (I guess) You push it down and put the wire in. The speaker's only have 1 red 1 black and it says IN PUT.
Old 12-28-02, 12:36 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
From what I can tell, the salesman told you wrong. This is just a set of speakers, including a powered subwoofer. The amplifier in the sub is just to power the sub itself, not the other speakers.

From what I've been able to find on the Internet, you'll need a surround sound receiver. The speakers connect to the receiver, not your TV set's outputs.