Community
Search
DVD & Home Theater Gear Discuss DVD and Home Theater Equipment.

TV/Receiver question

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-02, 05:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TV/Receiver question

I have an OnkyoHT-R500 receiver and my TV is hooked up to it. For some reason when I want to hear TV audio at a normal level, there's this high pitched frequency sound after every word someone says. This only happens on TV, not DVDs or CDs or even my computer (mp3s). Is there anything I can tweak in the settings to fix this?
Old 12-06-02, 06:16 PM

The audio cable may be picking up interference going from TV to rcvr. Try a different cable, disconnect/reconnect to verify good contact, reroute the audio cable if it is near any power cords.

Have you tried the other A/V inputs on the rcvr to see if it does the same thing?
Old 12-06-02, 07:31 PM

I haven't tried that yet...I plan on moving my surround setup over the holidays, so I might do it then (it's too complicated to fool with now)....I just wasn't sure if there was a feature on the actual receiver or something on the TV I could use. (By the way, my TV is on speakers off, fixed audio out)