DVD & Home Theater Gear Discuss DVD and Home Theater Equipment.

Need a source for a cable...(stereo-mini to RCA)

Old 11-16-02, 02:24 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition
Thread Starter
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: Rockford IL
Posts: 5,818
Need a source for a cable...(stereo-mini to RCA)

I'm trying to locate a stereo-mini to RCA cable (like the one found here, but I need it to be longer). The best I've been able to locate is about 5' long. I need something about 12' long (and possibly a longer one, as well). I'd like to try to do this one piece of cable, rather than using a stereo min or RCA extension.

Can anyone recommend a good online resource to locate such an animal? I know some time back I'd seem a place that would custom make one - of course, that was more expensive than I'd prefer...plus I can't seem to find where that was, anyway.
emanon is offline  
Old 11-16-02, 03:22 PM
X's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 1987
Location: AA-
Posts: 10,740
Don't you have a Radio Shack you can go to? They may have that cable, you can check online, but I've found searching for something there to be really difficult.
X is offline  
Old 11-16-02, 08:12 PM
Premium Member
bfrank's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 1999
Location: So. Cal
Posts: 20,623
You can make it also. I would just cut an old headphones and RCA and get out the soldering iron.
bfrank is offline  
Old 11-16-02, 11:29 PM
Senior Member
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Queens, NY
Posts: 254
Get one of those Y-adapters you showed us, and then buy a nice long HEADPHONE EXTENSION CORD. I got a 25 foot one (not a coiled telephone-cord-like one) on Canal St once for 5 bucks (w/haggling) in Chinatown and it was perfect for listening to my PC's mp3s out of my Home Theater which was on the other side of the room. It broke recently when I yanked it a little too hard, but when it worked it was a little too suceptible to interference for my tastes but worked nonetheless. Since I can't find a long headphone ext. cord anymore, I'm just going to use a 20ft rca audio cable along with two rca to rca couplers with that y-adapter to get the job done.
CuriousGeorge is offline  
Old 11-18-02, 07:17 AM
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: The Land of Twilight
Posts: 152
My advice would to search some electronic component part stores online.
svenge is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.