Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD & Home Theater Gear
Reload this Page >

Can o' worms here! Killing macrovision...

Community
Search
DVD & Home Theater Gear Discuss DVD and Home Theater Equipment.

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-02, 11:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Okay, I rounded up my allowance/spare change/mad money and bought a Panasonic E30 DVD-R recorder. I gotta say that it truly does do a fine job. I already transferred about 16 hours of Hi-8 home movies...the video image is everything you could wish for.
Now, 'tis time to talk about how to dub from DVDs. I would love to hear your experiences. The internet is chock full of info on image stabilizers, time correction units, vcr-friendly machines, and even tapping into the RGB output on Playstations. Yow! This is one confusing subject. How 'bout it gang? Any thoughts, experiences, epic tales? One thing that is very interesting is that not one of my 1200 laserdiscs have macrovision. Maybe that is why the prices of laserdiscs on Ebay continue to be high. Thanks
Old 11-10-02, 11:34 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
We simply cannot talk about copying macrovision-encoded (i.e., copyrighted) dvds here. If you had taken a few minutes to read a few pages of this forum or do a search, you would have known this already.