Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD & Home Theater Gear
Reload this Page >

Need Help - Panasonic Portable DVD Players?

Community
Search
DVD & Home Theater Gear Discuss DVD and Home Theater Equipment.

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-02, 01:46 PM
Suspended

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does anyone here own or has tried out any Panasonic Portable DVD players? I am looking to buy one for myself. It came down to the three choices -

LV55 model - Cheapest of the bunch, but pretty basic. The screen is 5", but I've heard the quality is great.

LV57 model - A bit more expensive, but has a pretty neat design. Looks smaller, and I hear the battery lasts the longest. 5" screen.

LV70 model - Most expensive of the group, but has the biggest screen. I hear this one is the best one, although I'm not sure I'd pay 500-600$ unless the difference is huge.

Does anyone have any opinions on these players? I'd like to get opinions from people who have tried the players. If anyone has tried more than one of these out, can you do a comparison? Thanks, I hope someone can make this an easier choice for me.

Dick
Old 10-10-02, 11:41 AM
Suspended

anybody?
Old 10-10-02, 02:35 PM

I have the LV57, it works great and the battery lasts long enough to watch 2 movies (90min movie). The screen is very nice and I haven't had a problem with it. (Had it almost a year now) Also looks great when connected to tv, I use it as a tv unit and portable.

Last edited by PhYbEr; 10-10-02 at 08:35 PM.
Old 10-11-02, 10:33 AM

I've had the DVD L50 for 3 years now and love the unit very much. Picture quality is great both on the little screen or plugged into my 47" widescreen. I'd had bad luck with Panasonic electronics before I bought this unit but because it was pretty much the only option at the time I went ahead and bought it. This older unit could only show one movie on a battery charge and it had a problem with heating up as you use it. But I'm sure that Panasonic has since remedied the only 2 drawbacks of what was a great piece of electronics. If you really need a portable player I
can't recommend Panasonic enough.
Old 10-12-02, 03:15 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I'm still using the first Panasonic portable - the L10 - picked it up almost 4 years ago and it's still working great. Battery life(just 1.5 hours) is the biggest drawback but this was improved on later models. It cost over a thousand bucks back then,so that part has been improved too!
Old 10-13-02, 09:05 PM
Premium Member

The L50 was made by shinsonic they make shinco also. They have just made the same player with a few mods for Walmart which is branded Initial. I just got one for $299 (regular price ). I just got back from a trip to hong kong with it and am very happy with it. It even will play slide shows of a cd with jpegs on it! The only neg is the amp is find for its speakers but with the airplane headphones and the airplane noise it was not loud enough to watch. I got some cheap buds which were way better but still not good enough. Needs effecient headphones or noise canceling for planes.