Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD & Home Theater Gear
Reload this Page >

Klipsch Sub Vs SVS Sub?

DVD & Home Theater Gear Discuss DVD and Home Theater Equipment.

Klipsch Sub Vs SVS Sub?

Old 07-01-02, 01:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Klipsch Sub Vs SVS Sub?

I was originally going to get the Klipsch RSW-10 sub for $1000 but then i heard rave reviews about SVS subs. I went to their site and there numerous different models. I would like to purchase a sub for about the same price of $1000 Does anyone have oppinions on which subs are better Klipsch or SVS? If its SVS what model do you reccomend for my price range? And lastly if anyone is a owner of a SVS sub are they as good as they promise to be on their site? Thanks

PS:
I can't seem to find any stores that carry SVS subs do they only sell online? Thanks again.
Old 07-01-02, 01:59 AM

Here's where to buy (only online):

http://www.svsubwoofers.com/

Comparo:

High end comparo including SVS CS-Ultras and 2 different Klipsch subs
Old 07-01-02, 02:56 PM

Any members here have SVS subs?
Old 07-01-02, 03:18 PM
Cool New Member

If your spending that kind of money, you have got to checkout the Titan II LE at ACI (http://www.audioc.com/speakers/TitanII/2001Titanle.htm), I own one of the original Titans. Just take a look at the comparison at the bottom of the page that comes up and just check out some of the prices of the subs that rank anywhere near it. What separates this sub from most of the others is that it is made to handle both home theater (which is what created most of the market for subs in the past 5 years) and music. Handling home theater is fairly easy for most subs, and is done by just jamming in a huge woofer (usually 12-15 inches) with alot of power to get the deep base, but its a much different ballgame when it comes to playing music on them. Thats where the 2000 watt, 12 inch guys don't sound so good because they're not 'quick' enough to keep up with the music, so if your at all interested in using your sub as part of your audio system as well as your home theater (mine are one and the same), be careful.
Anyway, this place is stickly mailorder so your not paying any middle man and what you get for the money is phenominal. All the speakers are handmade, and they even have their own cabinate maker, so you can pick from a slew of different wood finishes, and they look like a fine piece of furnature instead of the typical unsightly black boxes (actually got a compliment from my wife on they're appearence)! They have a fabulous 30 day return policy, so if your not completely satisfied, you just call them up and ask for a return authorization sticker and they arrange for UPS to come and pick them up. Best of all, you can email the owner of the company (Mike Dzurko) and ask him anything. I can't say enough good things about this place. For the heck of it, go over to Audio Review and check out the reviews for yourself (http://www.audioreview.com/Subwoofer...9_2741crx.aspx) and while your there, look at the reviews for some of the their other speakers like the Saphire III and the Jaguar II. Finally, when using the Audio Review site, make sure you look for the number of reviews as well as the reviews themselves. 50 reviews that average a 4.7 is probably a much more reliable barometer than a single review of a 5.0. Good luck!

Last edited by bubernak; 07-01-02 at 03:33 PM.
Old 07-02-02, 05:00 PM

Look at M&K models 150 and up
Old 07-03-02, 11:50 AM

The SVS subs have incredible output for their price, and they sound very good. Few commercial subs will play as low and as loud as SVS can, and most of them cost more money overall (most SVS subs need a seperate amp factored into their costs.)

Another sub in your price range that is getting great reviews in the Hsu Research VTF-3. Several people who have compared it directly the the SVS subs prefer it in sound quality and it has the same output capability.

www.hsuresearch.com

Read/search the forums at www.hometheaterforum.com for lots of comparisons of diffrent subs, but keep in mind they are generally biased toward SVS subs.